Updating Banks v4

felken

Inspired
Axe manage is not finising sending the new banks to the II, it locks up before finishing. (Did a search but found nothing on why and how to fix)

Have updated to latest Axedit and driver, played with midi buffer and delay to no avail. What is needed to get it to work. Thanks in advance for some help

On Win7 64

download the new banks into a folder. open axe edit. open axe manage. open the banks folder. now drag and drop the 3 banks out of your download folder into axe manage. done!!

download the new banks into a folder. open axe edit. open axe manage. open the banks folder. now drag and drop the 3 banks out of your download folder into axe manage. done!!
Are you sure that's the same as updating the factory banks? Sounds like your method just updated your user banks and replaced them all with the new factory banks. I think factory banks and user banks are 2 different animals. I tried doing it by using the update firmware option in Axe-Edit but its not clear that the banks got updated.

Last edited:
Hey guys what do I do if I have my presets saved on bank A and I want to upload the new banks to the axe fx 2 which are in the 4.0 folder I just downloaded?

Thanks

Paul

Are you sure that's the same as updating the factory banks? Sounds like your method just updated your user banks and replaced them all with the new factory banks. I think factory banks and user banks are 2 different animals. I tried doing it by using the update firmware option in Axe-Edit but its not clear that the banks got updated.

There is no supported way for a user to update the factory banks at this time. The new banks provided are for the user banks.
Update firmware will NOT work for loading banks to the factory area.

Hey guys what do I do if I have my presets saved on bank A and I want to upload the new banks to the axe fx 2 which are in the 4.0 folder I just downloaded?

Thanks

Paul

You can use the Axemanage portion of axeedit and pull individual presets from the new bank to your custom bank. Axemanage will let you organize all that stuff.

when learning axemanage backup your presets (more than once). It can be easy to mess things up when learning. If you have backups it is no big deal. You can experiment all you want then just restore the backup when done or if you mess up.

I do a backup every time I start axeedit

I mean.. where in the left menu of axe manage? (sorry is my first banks update..)

The Computer-Drives then navigate to folder and click on the bank. If you just want to send the entire bank, right click on the bank a select send to axefx. Choose the Bank you want to send it to. It will overwrite that bank with content of the bank you send it.

The original poster was having issues doing that.

That will just copy the banks in to the banks directory of Axe-edit. It will not load anything on the Axe-fx.

Why is axemanave locking up, I have the new v4 banks in a folder on my pc, I select one in axemanage and right click and send to axe2 and it sends about 20 patches and then freezes

How do I get it to work

The Computer-Drives then navigate to folder and click on the bank. If you just want to send the entire bank, right click on the bank a select send to axefx. Choose the Bank you want to send it to. It will overwrite that bank with content of the bank you send it.

The original poster was having issues doing that.

Ok i do it...and after that a sync from the edit right? i think it's ok

I had the lockup too when updating the banks from AxeManage. Windows 7 64bit.

I fixed it by:

1. Remove AxeEdit via Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
2. Power off AxeFx II.
3. Download AxeEdit setup 1.0.255 and run.
4. Launch AxeEdit -> Save Changes.
5. Power up AxeFx II.
6. AxeEdit -> Settings -> Midi Settings -> AxeFx II Output and AxeFx II Input.
7. AxeEdit -> AxeManage
8. AxeManage -> Computer -> Drives Navigate to the V4 Banks folder.
9. Right click on V4 Bank A. Send To AxeFx -> Selected Bank.
10. Repeat with B and C except choose to send to Bank B and C in the AxeFx.

Richard

OK, uninstalled and reinstalled axedit, set midi to axeII etc and have same problem.

Trying to send groups of 5 to 20 presets at a time is intermittently successful.

I notice also if I change the midi delay in setup in axedit, close and reopen settup the midi dely is grayed out and reset to zero.

Limping along now trying to update presets to those included in v4 update a few at a time.

Anyone else having issues?

Back
Top Bottom