Update from FW 5.05 to FW 15?

Hey

There have been a lots off new features and tone quality chances in between FW5.05 to FW15 ,I recommend personal if you have little bit extra time to check most of those new firmwares. Before go straight to newest one F15 ,because you can then decide what firmware works best for you.

Hi,

I've been stuck in FW 5.05 for a quite a while because I've had great results and compliments in recording sessions and not so much time to update, but now that I have a few months ahead I want to update to FW 15 and redo all my presets. Do I have to follow any special steps or just update with Fractal Bot?

Thanks!

I couldn't agree more.

Yes your 5.05 presets will not sound good on FW15. Probably major clipping and bad sound. Also effects won't sound good.
You will be disappointed at first when hearing your presets.
Take a week off to do all the updates and to build your presets all over again.
Prey that your updates will do fine the first time. Maybe do some in between update. Not sure which one.

Nobody seems to have said this... perhaps because it's glaringly obvious! But just in case.... make sure to thoroughly backup up what you've got now, before starting the update process. Doubt you'll ever need to look back at it again, but ya never know.

Nobody seems to have said this... perhaps because it's glaringly obvious! But just in case.... make sure to thoroughly backup up what you've got now, before starting the update process. Doubt you'll ever need to look back at it again, but ya never know.
yep, make sure you have all associated software and firmware versions plus backups of the presets and your system settings.

Like this Thread! Don't laugh but I'm still on FW7! I will be updating later this week! Got a new laptop which is an Apple. Never had an Apple before so any tips on how to update on an Apple! I'm pumped about updating! I don't care at this point about losing patches as I am going to start from scratch.

I wouldn't install an intermediary firmware but will go through to V15... No need to be confuses by getting an habit on one firmware then get rid of it in another

Same thoughts here, plus less chance of Eprom failure with fewer updates (I'm very paranoid about that)
backup your system, update your drivers get fractal bot on there go to 15 grab the new axe
edit (put your current version somewhere just in case you decide you need to roll back for some reason) and go!

Like this Thread! Don't laugh but I'm still on FW7! I will be updating later this week! Got a new laptop which is an Apple. Never had an Apple before so any tips on how to update on an Apple! I'm pumped about updating! I don't care at this point about losing patches as I am going to start from scratch.

It's just like Windows except you don't need an additional driver.
Start with updated FractalBot, then get FW15, then install the updated preset banks, then install Axe-Edit and Bob's your uncle.
then get the Cab Packs and Cab Lab.

Reach nirvana.

just thinking out loud….

I reckon your Axe might sound a bit different when you hit 15.00

make sure you update AE and the MFC [if you have one] to the latest FW too]

Do I have to follow any special steps or just update with Fractal Bot?

Backup your entire system!
Go to the Fractal site-SUPPORT to download and install the following;
1) Install the latest driver (windows or mac)
2) Install the latest Bot
3) Install AxeEdit 3.00.10
4) download FW15 and Load using Bot
5) Load the factory Cabs

Be sure to read the RELEASE NOTES
Download the MANUAL
Download AxeWiki; All pages - Axe-Fx II Wiki
Download and read; MIMIC white paper, IR capture guide, Tone match manual, and Scenes manual
Make sure you browse ALL available PRESETS and CABS available through AxeChange; Axe Change -The Official Site for Fractal Audio Presets, Cabs and More
Consider- buying into the CabLab utility
Tap into the knowledge base of this forum (MORE OFTEN)
As levipeto said; "Fasten your seat belt!"

Thank you all for the kind comments, I knew it was going to be a rare and funny thread. I'll update tomorrow, will come back to tell you the look of my face after playing with it :)

Dude you're going to sh*t your pants. Plan on not being able to play out or record for a couple of days. You're going to need to start from scratch with new patches but you'll be blown away...

Back
Top Bottom