Update amps defaults for the current preset not working v15.02

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
The update current amp defaults command is still not working right here. Even on the same amp, same settings, the Y version is much louder & bassier than the X version. I'm not going to try the update all presets as I don't feel like trashing 100+ presets.

It updated the X version fine, the Y version that was not in use when I did the update, sounded totally different even though it had the exact same settings. They should sound the same after the update, right? It only happened on a couple of patches. Some seem to work fine. It was the Doubleverb model. It also happened on the ODS clean in the X position, was fine after the update, the ODS lead in the Y position was really loud & bassy after the update.

Last edited:
Even on the same amp, same settings, the Y version is much louder & bassier than the X version.

It also happened on the ODS clean in the X position, was fine after the update, the ODS lead in the Y position was really loud & bassy after the update.

ODS Clean and ODS Lead are different amps right?

maybe the default for the ODS Lead is more bassy and louder than what you had?

It didn't do that on the same amp, similar settings in another preset where the ODS lead was the X amp. All I know is on these presets, the Y amp changed drastically whereas the same amps in other presets where they were the X state didn't change much if any at all. It still don't explain how the same amp, same settings changed so radically in the Y version.

I checked again & the double verb seems to be OK but the Bludojai Lead (or any amp with the overdrive control) if it is in the Y position is not getting updated correctly. I tried on 2 different presets, 1 that was already there from previous firmwares & 1 I just made tonight.
1. Create preset with any amp other than the Bludojai in the X position, the Bludojai in the Y.
2.Save it so the X amp is the default amp, i.e. in scene 1.
3. Run the update current amp in the utility menu.
4. Now check the amps. The X amp will be fine but the Bludojai will have the overdrive set to 10. It should be 7.5.
5. If you set it up so the Y amp state is in scene 1 or is the amp that is currently active, the update works as it should. It is only if the Bludojai is in the Y position & the X amp is the active amp when you run the update.

I just checked the USA Pre Ld Grn model & it did the same thing as the Bludojai. Looks like any amp with the overdrive control that is in the Y position will have the overdrive set to 10 after you do the Update Amps Defaults command. If the X amp ALSO has the overdrive control, it works fine. It only seems if the X amp has the Input Trim & the Y amp has the Overdrive control is when the Y amps overdrive is set to 10.

Can Cliff or anyone else try this & see if it is happening on your Axe?

Last edited:
I may be wrong but my understanding is that it only updates "advanced" parameters... I don't think it would reset the overdrive value?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It did on mine repeatedly. Maybe it's not supposed to but it does on amps with an overdrive control when it is the Y amp. Strangely, if both the X & Y amps have the overdrive control, it works as expected. Weird!

Last edited:
Odd... Cliff mention in another thread that Teh Brootalz model has a weird bug that affects it based on which preset you switch to it from... Part of the model is not getting reset correctly.

Maybe this is similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw that too. Something is haywire here for sure. I'm sure it will get ironed out. At least with this issue, just don't save until you reset the overdrive where you want it or to the 7.50 default value. Or just don't do the Update Amps Defaults commands if you have overdrive amps in the Y position. Once it's saved, these presets sound as expected as you switch back & forth from other presets.

I think I just found the problem. The update function seems to copy the default values of the X state to the Y state (or vice versa when Y is currently selected). If Y is a different amp it'll get messed up. I noticed this behaviour comparing the values in the speaker tab.

I checked again & the double verb seems to be OK but the Bludojai Lead (or any amp with the overdrive control) if it is in the Y position is not getting updated correctly. I tried on 2 different presets, 1 that was already there from previous firmwares & 1 I just made tonight.
1. Create preset with any amp other than the Bludojai in the X position, the Bludojai in the Y.
2.Save it so the X amp is the default amp, i.e. in scene 1.
3. Run the update current amp in the utility menu.
4. Now check the amps. The X amp will be fine but the Bludojai will have the overdrive set to 10. It should be 7.5.
5. If you set it up so the Y amp state is in scene 1 or is the amp that is currently active, the update works as it should. It is only if the Bludojai is in the Y position & the X amp is the active amp when you run the update.

I just checked the USA Pre Ld Grn model & it did the same thing as the Bludojai. Looks like any amp with the overdrive control that is in the Y position will have the overdrive set to 10 after you do the Update Amps Defaults command. If the X amp ALSO has the overdrive control, it works fine. It only seems if the X amp has the Input Trim & the Y amp has the Overdrive control is when the Y amps overdrive is set to 10.

Can Cliff or anyone else try this & see if it is happening on your Axe?

Bump it up. Can anyone replicate this on their Axe???

I'm not yet on 15.02... When I get some time later today, I will update and see if it happens to me.

Working properly here. Perhaps you don't fully understand it's intended function.

Cliff - I can confirm similar behavior.

I use the same 4-amp template for all my presets (only amp 1-X differs in each preset). Amp 1-Y is Triptik Modern.

If I have any amp other than amp 1-Y active and use Update Amp Defaults the OD knob goes from 2 to 10 on amp 1-Y.

I have done the same thing on 3-4 presets and it does the same each time. The only time it doesn't is when I have the Triptik active.

Kevin

Further to my last post, it also impacts amp 2-Y if it is not active... But since it isn't a drastic change it was not so obvious at first. If I use Update Amp Defaults again in the same preset with amp 2-Y active, the sound changes again, even though I have not made any setting changes to the amp.

Something is definitely fishy :(

Back
Top Bottom