Upcoming Axe-Fx II Streaming Class

Here would be my wishlist:

Hour 1: Basics of Axe-FX (hardware, interface, buttons, parameter tweaking, major areas of focus (i.e., some tips/tricks areas for better tones), shortcuts, ...)
Hour 2: Getting Tone/Programming (Amp focus ... various parameters for amps, which are the more important ones for tone, tips/tricks, shortcuts, ...)
Hour 3: Effects (possibly pick a few effects and walk through parameters ...)
Hour 4: Tools (Fractal Bot, Cab Lab, Axe-Edit)
Hour 5: Getting Tone II (UR/IR ... brief comparison of IR's, tips on IR use, anatomy of the IR (mic placement, speaker cone, mic, distance, ...), how to break down the multiple options available to pick the best IR, IR recipes (tips and what you find that works),...)
Hour 6: Advanced Topics (more an intro to advanced topics ... leave them with a teaser to want you back for a Part II course ...)

I would attempt to teach this as a Part 1 of 2 type course ... not try to cram everything in 6 hours (i.e., into minute advanced topics). Hopefully it will be well received, and they will invite you back for a Part 2.

Also, PLEASE consider offering bonus materials for those who purchase ... UR/IR's, bonus videos (e.g., tone matching, or dialing in favorite tones ... things that pertain to a Part 1 course but were left out), patches, ...

Signed up for the free, live class on Aug 5th. I guess I will take a vacation day off of work that Tuesday

I'd like to know about blending cabs to get the best aspects out of each cab and/or mic and what tonal qualities to listen for, for live or recordings. Secondly, how to pick the perfect cab for a particular amp.

That's an EXCELLENT news !
I've been attending a few CreativeLive sessions, like Andrew Wades Rock, Kurt Ballou etc. Some of my preferred were the ones with Andrew Glover "Advanced Bass Production" & “Advanced Drum Production” with Eyal Levi.

My expectations if it makes sense would be to have lot of audio examples. Often times, these sessions are mostly about talking and not that much about earing what's at stake.

As an example, a section around getting a tone usable for mixing would be awesome !
It is always a challenge to dial a sound that will find its full potential in a mix.

But definitively enrolling in the minutes to come :eek:)
Thanks a huge lot

At some point, will there be an opportunity to pay for continued access? The class appears on the calendar, but not the catalog. For those of us who can't take the day off of work, it would be great if that were an option.

At some point, will there be an opportunity to pay for continued access? The class appears on the calendar, but not the catalog. For those of us who can't take the day off of work, it would be great if that were an option.

Yes you can. It is 39$ for anytime access
All creativeLIVE classes are available for individual purchase after air on their website.

Looper all facets ! Benefits of all the new eq fx and placement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!

I will be hosting a six-hour Axe-Fx II intensive class streaming live from CreativeLive.com on August 5. My intention is for it to be an instructive and entertaining dive into some of my favorite features of the Axe, focusing on how we as musicians can leverage the immense power of the unit to achieve our creative goals.

I already know what I consider important to cover in the talk. What I want to know is what *you* all would like to see talked about, demonstrated, or covered in specific detail. Nothing Axe-Fx related is off limits, and with six hours, I'll be covering a lot of ground.

(Please bear in mind that, though technical, this class will be a collection of tutorials, the ultimate goal of which will be to help you better use the Axe-Fx to make music! It's not so much an opportunity for troubleshooting/rote technical support.)

So post your suggestions/requests below!

Cooper

Very cool! Thanks for doing this.

I'd most like to learn techniques for leveling presets, especially for live gigs. This is a VERY popular topic on the forums....

Starts at 4am for me, will catch most of it, but will end up buying for future reference. Really looking forward to this, thanks Cooper

Back
Top Bottom