Upcoming Axe-Fx II Streaming Class

I'm watching the vid tutorials and I'm missing something starting at combining presets and leveling presets. On one row the path goes from input to SEND and another begins with RETURN and goes to output. What is the purpose of this signal path? I've never used the send/return setup on either of my Axe's so maybe this is standard knowledge that I've never tapped into.

I'm watching the vid tutorials and I'm missing something starting at combining presets and leveling presets. On one row the path goes from input to SEND and another begins with RETURN and goes to output. What is the purpose of this signal path? I've never used the send/return setup on either of my Axe's so maybe this is standard knowledge that I've never tapped into.

the Feedback Send and Feedback Return blocks allow you to "break the chain" and you can jump from one row to another, as if it was one really long row.

imagine a connection line being drawn from the Feedback Send block down and left all the way over to the Feedback Return block.

it is a bit confusing at first. again, it's just a way to cram more blocks into the signal path.

there are other ways to use those blocks as well. but note that these blocks are NOT the same as the FX Loop block and have nothing to do with Output 2 and the "FX Loop Send" and "FX Loop Return" input and output on the rear panel.

Reactions: mwd
hey guys-just wondering for the guys that bought the class already, what preset's does Cooper Carter share with the purchase of the class?

Took the class.....absolutely great. Took it before I purchased my Fractal II XL.

A challenge though.......I received my unit about 10 days ago and immediately updated the firmware. Yesterday I downloaded the presets built in the course......in every case, my CPU is exceeded. I turn off every effect and and disconnected the AXE-Edit......still exceeded CPU.

The factory presets work fine.....just can not load the course presets......might I have a DSP problem in my new unit?

Sorry if I am overlooking something obvious.

Took the class.....absolutely great. Took it before I purchased my Fractal II XL.

A challenge though.......I received my unit about 10 days ago and immediately updated the firmware. Yesterday I downloaded the presets built in the course......in every case, my CPU is exceeded. I turn off every effect and and disconnected the AXE-Edit......still exceeded CPU.

The factory presets work fine.....just can not load the course presets......might I have a DSP problem in my new unit?

Sorry if I am overlooking something obvious.

Turning effects off does not reduce cpu load. You would have to actually remove the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to ask if this was different than the first one, but boy, did I get my questions answered when I read the description! Awesome!

Cooper... Just wanted to say thanks. Downloaded the videos and signed up for the next one. I would love for you to do a another class on recording guitars with the Axe... Just an idea for future topics.

I bought the class a couple of days ago, and I love it, I've learnt so much new cool things .. worth every minute and $ ...
awesome job Cooper, you have been a major source of inspiration ever since I first heard about axe fx II ..

I watched the "every preset youtube" and then the tone matching demo .. and from there on !!! I knew I had to have one ..

:)

Back
Top Bottom