Unboxing most powerful floor modeler in the UNIVERSE

I think it's cool that Cliff and Co. don't have any issues as long as it's specified as a 3rd party mod. And speaking of cool... What I'm ABSOLUTELY interested about is how you manage to keep the unit from overheating once it's modded.

If you're successful at this I think it'll open new questions over here... Hehe

I think it's cool that Cliff and Co. don't have any issues as long as it's specified as a 3rd party mod. And speaking of cool... What I'm ABSOLUTELY interested about is how you manage to keep the unit from overheating once it's modded.

If you're successful at this I think it'll open new questions over here... Hehe
They added vent holes on the side panels. Similar to FM3.Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 2.10.32 AM.png

Last edited:
add an expression pedal and I would buy one in an instant. I want an all in one powerful floor unit. Easy peasy set up.

add an expression pedal and I would buy one in an instant. I want an all in one powerful floor unit. Easy peasy set up.
I don't get it, you can put one Exp pedal next to it,...... what's the difference?
Or you screw the MF18 on a separate larger bottom plate, with an exp pedal.

You're saying if this guy starts selling these, Fractal isn't going to sue him?

What do you think that would be the legal ground for that?
If you transparently sell a modded guitar, amplifier, pedal, car, furniture, clothes, or whatever, can you be sued?

If you transparently sell a modded guitar, amplifier, pedal, car, furniture, clothes, or whatever, can you be sued?

Unless it's Ferrari, they will send you a cease & desist for modding your own, even if it's just a paint job... o_O

I'm wasn't talking transparent. I was implying if the guy started a business selling these to the masses.

I'm wasn't talking transparent. I was implying if the guy started a business selling these to the masses.

He is transparent indicating the modifications, like when you sell a modded guitar. That is all that is important.

Even if he sells hundreds. What do you think that would be the legal ground for prosecution?

He is selling an used object that has been modified. How is that different from selling one (or hundred) guitars with swapped pickups? or all the many vendors that sell modded pedals or amps?

I've just made a search of "modified" at Reverb and I got 2,446 results. Guitars, effects, amplifiers, drums, mixing desks... Why are you concerned about the prospect of someone modifying and re-selling the Axe-FX, but not about all that gear, even after Cliff having said that it is not a problem? ;)

Last edited:
Unless it's Ferrari, they will send you a cease & desist for modding your own, even if it's just a paint job... o_O

Don't tell that to Gibson, or they will try to sue the ass of all those who have dared to profane their sacred "authenticity" by swapping pickups, locking tuners or pot knobs :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom