Unboxing most powerful floor modeler in the UNIVERSE

And patient bear is still patiently waiting for a kit price and invite... LoL!
Thanks for reviving this thread! I would love this as well and would probably have never seen it had you not revived it!! Very cool idea and the fact that Mr. Cliff had given it his own approval makes it even better!!! I think the difference I would want is a true MIDI switches built in. My one disappointment in the FC12 is not having it be able to work as a true MIDI switcher the way the MasterMind GT22 does. The FXIII Turbo, with the guts of a GT22 all in a water proof foot pedal enclosure . . . I don't care about the price, I would pay it!!!!

Yeah, even with the FM9 I'm hand for my backup rig, I'd still convert my Axe III and FC-12 if he ever puts the kit on the market.

I could use a more narrow pedal board with this form factor and two expression pedals!

I want full horsepower on the floor and continue using my FM9 + FC-6 as my backup rig.

Who would want their precious FMIII laying on the floor? It belongs in a rack with a cable to the FC12. Just saying.

Ha, Ha, most peeps let their baby crawl on the floor...
Just saying,
the more fas is willing to put into a floor unit the more I'm on board,
on a side note, I don't particularly care for 19" racks, it's so IT/industrial 90's...

Ha, Ha, most peeps let their baby crawl on the floor...
Just saying,
the more fas is willing to put into a floor unit the more I'm on board,
on a side note, I don't particularly care for 19" racks, it's so IT/industrial 90's...
Point taken. I’m showing my age. You hit the nail on the head with “so 90s”. I haven’t played live since the 90s. 😀 The floor models would be the thing to use for you guys still playing the live shows. For me, I’m a home studio guy these days.

Point taken. I’m showing my age. You hit the nail on the head with “so 90s”. I haven’t played live since the 90s. 😀 The floor models would be the thing to use for you guys still playing the live shows. For me, I’m a home studio guy these days.
If I was doing a living room jam with friends, like I used to do a lot, those folks are more vintage gear guys than tech heads. I'd be kind of uncomfortable bringing a Fractal, moreso one in a rack.

I brought a helix floor last time though, so I'm not totally averse to riding in my own lane, it's just a little weird.

I've considered getting one of those amp-head-looking racks, but they're not great protection for the gear they contain.

Last edited:
Modifications of an indivduals own personal property might in fact NOT be illegal- as previous stated. However, where it might cross the legal line is when and if a 3rd party company actively displays proprietary logos, models, protected "brand names," tag lines, etc. Especially if this is done in a manner that helps them to market and/or sell their products or services. Companies invest millions of dollars to develope their brands and reputation. They have some legal protections when it comes to defending those rights and trademarks. If a company is modifying a product, and say that product fails at a high rate, that can potentially do damage to the original brand and reputation- whether directly or indirectly.

Given that the predicted very low sale volume of this contraption (no factory warranty; reliability questions, heavy weight, etc.), it is likely not a battle worth fighting. Also, where as it does looks cool and the music helped make it dramatic, this modified unit looks very impractical. If you need a proven, reliable and powerful floorboard, simply buy a new FM9 MK II Turbo with full warranty.

Fractal is being very generous to let this slide. It's pretty blatant of this 3rd party to do this. I am suprised they let the video stand. We all know they are quick to remove posts- as I have personally learned. Still, I give Fractal credit for this and also for having a Classified section in this forum. That type of confidence speaks loudly about the integrity of the brand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom