Ultra Firmware Version 8.02 Released

Damn... Cliff!!!! You are da man!!!! You must have been having your usual 3am eureka moments! Thanks a bunch!

Sweet mother of God! I'm off the forum for a few hours, come back, and look what's happened! :shock:

I only just got into work though, so I've got another 8 hours before I can go home and load it up. :cry:

Am I the only one who found the, "The JRC4558 is a really lousy op-amp that..." bit funny? :lol:

Thanks Cliff! :mrgreen:

I think 8.01 sounded much better.

(of course I'm kidding)
Just to echo what I said in the last thread, new drive block absolutely rocks. I've been playing with it all day an keep finding better uses for it. Thanks so much !!

Can you Ultra-ites tone down the raving until the Standard Firmware is released? It really isn't fair.
:mrgreen:

New drive blocks sound so much better, big thumbs up Cliff...

One thing to be aware of though is that the output level of the new drive blocks seems to vary quite a bit more than they used to...I'm assuming this is because they are so much more accurate than they were previously. So definitely audition your presets and adjust levels accordingly.

Whoah! thanks a bunch!
one question though,i did update mine to 8.01 this morning and some of the presets were not there. do i need to go back to 7.18 first and back-up my banks or i can just go ahead update to 8.02 and all the presets should be there?
gonna have to wait til i get home though.

AdamCook said:
One thing to be aware of though is that the output level of the new drive blocks seems to vary quite a bit more than they used to...I'm assuming this is because they are so much more accurate than they were previously.
Either that or it's a side effect of the increased range of gain in the drive blocks.

Should the MIDI PC Offset have an upper limit of 256?
Or will that cause issues?

I ask since sending PC 127 (the last PC possible) with a MIDI PC Offset at the current upper limit, 255, brings up patch #382, rather than the last patch, #383.

(Patch numbers quoted assume Display Offset is set to zero, rather than one.)

You know, my only complaint with new firmware is that it makes it down right impossible to surf the forum. It gets soooooo sloooooow...

I guess it's all the people accessing the database to DL the firmware.

Guitar-Tiz said:
You know, my only complaint with new firmware is that it makes it down right impossible to surf the forum. It gets soooooo sloooooow...
So, lemme get this straight: you're saying you like 8.02, right? :lol:

kev said:
Can you Ultra-ites tone down the raving until the Standard Firmware is released? It really isn't fair.
:mrgreen:

Ahhh.....the Standard version was released first.

Hmmm, my Ultra seems to hanging on "awaiting file" even after I've sent the data from Brome's SendSX, should I keep waiting or try to reboot? (going from 8.01-8.02)

If it's stuck on awaiting file then the data isn't getting there. Reboot your computer, check your connections and try, try again.

Liking the enhanced drive pedals very much, nice job on this Firmware Cliff!
Even uploaded my Ultra using the lastest beta ver. of the editor and it worked without a hitch!

Now if I can get the specs of a BB preamp to dial in the Eq in the driver.

Are these presets actually changed or are they just run with the new protocol? I'm almost done organizing! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom