Ultimate Axe setup

If you can wait Matrix is about to release a powered 1x12 FRFR that is small and extremely lightweight. Check out the clips on their Facebook page.

I love my CLR but it it pretty heavy (45lbs) for the non Neo version. You can get the lighter weight but $400 more over the non Neo puts it at twice the price of the new Matrix.

Yea I ended up getting the neo

Last edited:
Go Axe FX + MFC-101 + matrix amp 800 or 1000.
Go FRFR if you are a bedroom player - don't go FRFR if you intend to play live - why buy something and spend all your time trying to make it sound like a real cab (which it never will) when you can use a real cab.

hey guys,

So I decided I'm going to sell my FX8 and get an axe-fx.

What is the best way to setup this rig? I will need the Axe of course but where my question lies is what do I get for a power amp and what do I get for a floor board. I see a lot of people get the matrix units. Should I get the 1600? How about for a floor board is the fractal MFC worth the money or are there others that'd do the same for less?

If you were going to set up your ultimate rig what would you have? From the rack case to the Furman.

Also, I have a 2x12 cab. I'm not gigging at the moment so should I stick with a cab or go with FRFR speakers?

Thanks
i have exactly what ur asking about and it rocks, cant imagine atomics clr sound any better than the matrix with nl212

i have exactly what ur asking about and it rocks, cant imagine atomics clr sound any better than the matrix with nl212

2 year old thread, dude. :p

425C2E8321A21EC99282FC970279E5DC5DB8754A

threadnecromancyjk7.jpg

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

zKBtpnR.png

Back
Top Bottom