U2 Songs of Innocence - Thank You

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
We are very pleased to have found a special "Thank You" to Fractal Audio Systems in the liner notes of Songs of Innocence, the new album by U2.

We'd like to return the thank you: Fractal is beyond honored to have the Axe-Fx be among the many pieces of equipment—past present and future—that the Edge has selected to become part of U2 rock 'n roll history.

In case you missed Apple's keynote celebration today (where two Axe-Fx II XLs could also be seen onstage during U2's performance of The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), (screen capture below,) iTunes subscribers can download Songs of Innocence FREE through iTunes.

u2.png

Very cool indeed! Nice work FAS.

M@ - you don't suppose you could get Edge to share some presets do you? :encouragement:

Congrats on the shout out from the boys. Another great accomplishment.

But after downloading and reading the liner notes, there are so many thanks I'm almost surprised I was not on that list. :lol

Why is he using 2 of them?

I was impressed he only uses 2. Have you ever seen his full rig? I would have thought he would want 3 or 4 so he could have amps in the center units and have pre-amp and post amp effects in addition to the ones in the unit producing the amp and cab sims. He's all about layering, so I could see a scenario where he's got 4-5 overdrives set very low gain each, and also 6-8 delays, and 3-4 reverbs.

Again, I'm impressed he's doing it all with just 2 units.

From the previous peek at his fly rig last year, for the Sean Penn Haiti fund raiser, according to Bob Bradshaw, he was only using one, and the other one was merely a backup.

Very cool indeed! Nice work FAS.

M@ - you don't suppose you could get Edge to share some presets do you? :encouragement:

I immediately thought the same thing. I'd literally ejaculate. Sorry for such a graphic reference but that demonstrates how monumental that would be...like the holy grail!

Great news for FAS! Does this mean he's retired the old AC30....? :D

On the availability of the album for free through iTunes, it is rumoured that Apple paid U2 $100 million for it.

Back
Top Bottom