Two FC-6 incoming ... using one expanding to two, is that going to work?

D.B. Walker

Inspired
Hey there ... I play ... bars and restaurants.

Some places dont have enough space for me to setup all my pedals. I've been using a modular setup for a while, AX8 with 2 controllers and then expand to 4 controllers and a extra pedal board for more pedals.

I want to do something similar with the FC6, plug in the extra FC if the stage, or area, can accommodate.

If I setup scenes for two FCs, and one is not present ... what happens? Will I need to create separate patches for one FC vs 2?

You have 8 FC layouts, so the best way to handle it would probably be to have a couple of layouts that take care of what you need when you're only using one FC, and then the other layouts programmed for when you're rocking both FCs together. For example, set up Layout 1 through 3 for use with only on FC (maybe 1 and 2 being scenes and IA effects, or something like that, and the 3rd layout being preset selection and banks), and then layouts 4 through 8 for the dual FC setups, however you want to use them. This is assuming you want the MLM to be untouched (it's kinda like a 9th layout).

In other words, changing the layouts you use is probably easier than trying to re-scene all your patches.

Hey there ... I play ... bars and restaurants.

Some places dont have enough space for me to setup all my pedals. I've been using a modular setup for a while, AX8 with 2 controllers and then expand to 4 controllers and a extra pedal board for more pedals.

I want to do something similar with the FC6, plug in the extra FC if the stage, or area, can accommodate.

If I setup scenes for two FCs, and one is not present ... what happens? Will I need to create separate patches for one FC vs 2?
they are separate layouts. whatever you program on the first one will always be on the first one that you plug in. so put stuff on the 2nd that you can do without immediate access to.

The other use, though less frequent for what I would refer to as the semi-pro gig, is to have both FCs cloned and at various locations on the stage. More freedom that way!
But yes, what Chris says is correct in all other cases. Use one for the key layouts you can't do without, and the other for the fluff that you want to use when you have the opportunity.
I don't find that 2 FC6s are too much space in most cases. But I also can roll with a single FC6 and be very comfortable.

The other use, though less frequent for what I would refer to as the semi-pro gig

... I do get paid ;)

But yeah ... that's good to hear that I can expand and not have to clone presets to do it... does seem a shame to have to maintain separate layouts for each config ... but a small price to pay. I was hoping I could plug both in, create the layouts, and switches 1-6 wouldn't change when I pulled the second FC6 off the daisy chain.

Back
Top Bottom