Tuner Display Question

Jerry K.

Experienced
I just set up my MFC to access my tap and tuner via a pair of Boss FS-5U latch switches pluged into the switch input 1/2. Everthing works except when I engage the tuner, the Axe II displays the Tuner but the MFC-101 does not. Is there an additional step to make them both display the tuner?

Thanks!

We need more info. Are you using an Axe Fx, Ultra, II? Are you using midi or cat5? How did you set it? What steps did you use?

Hello,

I am using an Axe FX II and a MFC-101 connected via Cat 5. I just set up my MFC to access my tap and tuner via a pair of Boss FS-5U latch switches pluged into the switch input 1/2 on the MFC-101. When I press the FS-5U, it does display the tuner on the Axe II but the MFC does still displays the patch name. I mapped the tuner by going to the MIDI page on the MFC-101 and setting the correct ctrl numbers and then going to the IA switch menu and turning the tuner and Tap to "none. I find it more convenient to have these two switches located to the side of the MFC-101.

Everything works except the MFC won't show the tuner, just the Axe II.

I don't think the MFC will display it when you're using an external switch. Has to be an onboard IA set to Axe function Tuner.

Under I/O go to the MIDI page, scroll down until you see send real time sysex the turn the know until you see All. This sends tuner and tempo info to your MFC. That should do it.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Under I/O go to the MIDI page, scroll down until you see send real time sysex the turn the know until you see All. This sends tuner and tempo info to your MFC. That should do it.

It was already enabled on my Axe. I tried turning it to just tuner and then back but no luck.

Thanks for all ideas!

You also need to assign the IA to the tempo function on the mfc. I'm not sure you can do that with external switches. I'll have to look.

Back
Top Bottom