Wish Tuner: All Inputs: detector

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
The option 'All Inputs' in the Tuner doesn’t work for me. The tuner is too sensitive to noise and signals from the other inputs when tuning (when playing with a band). Perhaps a function can be added that mutes all other inputs when it senses a strong signal from an input?

+1 This would be cool as an option. Having more than one input detected has messed me up in the past, so just for dummy-proofing alone it would be valuable

Blue-sky-ing here...
In an ideal world it'd detect which inputs were actually being heard through the grid, but doing that completely right is non-trivial.
Easy if an input is actually bypassed (muted), but what if it's not, but something downstream from there is.
Or worse yet, something has its input or output volume set to 0, yet even worse if that was done dynamically with controllers or switches.

In reality though, I think it wouldn't be terrible for it to just check which inputs were bypassed, leave the tougher edge cases alone.
A multi-instrumentalist would probably do the simple thing and always bypass all but one input, and if they don't do that now, they probably could, without it being a huge burden.

In an ideal world it'd detect which inputs were actually being heard through the grid, but doing that completely right is non-trivial.
Easy if an input is actually bypassed (muted), but what if it's not, but something downstream from there is.
Or worse yet, something has its input or output volume set to 0, yet even worse if that was done dynamically with controllers or switches.
The corner cases are the PITA to think of and code around.
In reality though, I think it wouldn't be terrible for it to just check which inputs were bypassed, leave the tougher edge cases alone.
Agreed.
A multi-instrumentalist would probably do the simple thing and always bypass all but one input, and if they don't do that now, they probably could, without it being a huge burden.
I would use an A/B type box and maybe different scenes with parallel paths in the modeler if the other instruments need something besides clean and a bit of reverb. It's possible to handle the routing in the modeler, and the FX3 has the inputs to handle four instruments, but that still leaves the tuner not seeing the right signal. Lehle's 3at1 pedal is really nice and handles stereo inputs and can use MIDI to switch its inputs so the modeler could automatically handle scene changes, and channel changes on the pedal.

+1. With the tuner options that are available today, Fractal should take a good look at their tuner and revamp it.
Personally, I’d like a copy of the Sonic Research Turbo Tuner.

Back
Top Bottom