Trouble sending controller data to DAW

swordinhand

Hey everyone, I have my AXE-FX II (FW Quantum 6.01), connected to my Mac (OS X 10.11.6) via USB. I have a Behringer FCB1010 connected to the midi in of the AXE. I have a volume block being controlled by the FCB via CC41. When I move the expression pedal the 'Midi in' light lights up on the AXE. In other words, the data is coming in and behaving properly. But for some reason it doesn't send to the midi track I've created in Cubase 7. But if I play back midi data, that I drew in cubase, the AXE receives it.

HOWEVER, if I plug my FCB into another device's midi port and control my AXE that way, the data is recorded into Cubase. So, what I'm trying to figure out is why the midi data is not being sent over USB from the Midi in of the AXE fx.

I have turned on 'Midi thru" and 'USB adapter mode' and my midi channel is set to Omni. What am I doing wrong? Or is this not possible? Should I try the newest drivers?

From my experience the Axe FX doesn't pass CC commands correctly via USB on a MAC. I've tried to get it to work all kinds of ways and have had no luck at all. I believe the MIDI aspect of the Fractal USB driver is faulty on MAC OS. It works with a Roland USB interface exactly as you would expect it to, but Fractal's USB MIDI i/f doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom