Triptik Modern on 16.02...

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
Does anyone else think the Triptik Modern sounds odd after the update to 16.02?

I loaded it up before band rehearsal and played without tweaking and it sounded less gainy than usual in the mix, and somewhat lost.

Tonight playing by myself I feel like it sounds kind of hollow and both lower gain and lower treble than normal.

It's my main solo tone and it's really bugging me...

I never really understood the "under a blanket" comments from others before but that's kind ofv how this feels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess that's a definitive answer...:)

I don't want this to be one of those threads that goes back and forth but it sounds very different to me...

This amp model has been pretty consistent for me across various FW releases so that's why I posted.

Nothing changed in that model. Perhaps it will sound better tomorrow. Our ears can play tricks on us.

Nothing changed in that model. Perhaps it will sound better tomorrow. Our ears can play tricks on us.

Yeah... That is what I thought after Wednesday's rehearsal.

Oh well... I guess I'll have to tweak it or start over.

Triptik is my go-to Lead model as well. Although I totally love the model, that "blanket" and "hollow" you describe is something I feel since the model was added. Perhaps it's the way the actual amp sounds like.

Triptik is my go-to Lead model as well. Although I totally love the model, that "blanket" and "hollow" you describe is something I feel since the model was added. Perhaps it's the way the actual amp sounds like.

It never sounded that way to me before... It just sounds different.

I'll come back at it tomorrow... And either dial it in or move on to another model.

Funny thing this is exactly how I felt when I upgraded to 16. I started messing with the drive1/2 knobs and ended up raising them. Over the next to weeks I started backing off because it felt like I did to much. I ended up with the exact same settings I had before I started messing with things

Funny thing this is exactly how I felt when I upgraded to 16. I started messing with the drive1/2 knobs and ended up raising them. Over the next to weeks I started backing off because it felt like I did to much. I ended up with the exact same settings I had before I started messing with things

I just went back after a break of 30 minutes or so... Still sounds a bit off but better.

Maybe it's just ear fatigue or humidity or barometric pressure, or some combination of all of those [emoji5]

I did bump drive1 up from 2 to 2.6 and it seemed to help get back to where I like it.

I'm done for now... Going to bed and hope it sounds better tomorrow.

I've definitely had those nights before where everything sounded miserable and then later was back too great again without changing anything.

Cliff is probably right and it's all in my head [emoji5]

I honestly thought it sounded a little different tooo. Slightly more nasal with a bit of a hollowness that wasn't there before. Not a drastic change, but definitely noticeable.

It never sounded that way to me before... It just sounds different.

I'll come back at it tomorrow... And either dial it in or move on to another model.

The one greatest thing about the Axe, it sure beats the hell out of having to buy another amp.

I honestly thought it sounded a little different tooo. Slightly more nasal with a bit of a hollowness that wasn't there before. Not a drastic change, but definitely noticeable.

I'm gonna go back to it later today with an open mind and just see what comes out...

If I need to tweak it then that's what I have to do!

[emoji5]

The one greatest thing about the Axe, it sure beats the hell out of having to buy another amp.

Absolutely!

The only frustrating part is that this has been my main solo tone pretty much since I started with the Axe Fx about 18 months ago [emoji53]

Absolutely!

The only frustrating part is that this has been my main solo tone pretty much since I started with the Axe Fx about 18 months ago [emoji53]

It's bee a wile and just gave this sim a whirl and it doesn't sound any different to me running v16.02. I have this sim right next to the Triptic Classic as a reference and the morden always sounded a little scooped when compared but all the gain is still there :? .

Back
Top Bottom