Triple filtered gate sounds

AdamCook

Power User
Hi All,
Reason 6 by Propellerheads has an excellent new effect called Alligator. They call it a "triple-filtered gate". Learn more about it here: Propellerhead - Reason - Alligator Triple Filtered Gate

I decided it would be cool to make an Axe-FX patch that used a similar structure. Amp 1 goes into the "triple-filtered gate" and Amp 2 goes into a dry path to blend in.

triple-filtered%20gate.jpg

The results came out pretty interesting. I really like how when I started to do some muted riffing (around 0:40) it almost sounds like I'm playing along with a drum machine due to the filter resonances.

Check it out:

Here's the patch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Alligator Ripoff.syx

-Adam

Sounds cool. Well, it looks cool. I'll be sure to try this lit tomorrow when I get my II!!! Thanx for sharing.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Super fun - awesome work dialing that one in Adam. Just watched their video where they walk you through it - pretty cool effect.

And I see you are using 3.03...;)

Last edited:
Very nice work! I really dig this effect in Reason and that really translates to something cool to use on a live guitar!

Very cool. I'm hoping things like this will be where the Axe Fx will take us. Everyone has been so obsessed with getting the box to exactly replicate something that has already been created. This amp sim or that stompbox or whatever. All valid but very limiting compared to it's true potential. I think this box will make it's mark going where no previous technology could go.

Let's create something new people!

I noticed you're at 97% on the CPU. Has that caused you any issues thus far? I haven't even come close to that on my Axe II yet, but I remember my Ultra used to get a little wonky sometimes around 95%.

AdamCook said:
Hi All,
Reason 6 by Propellerheads has an excellent new effect called Alligator. They call it a "triple-filtered gate". Learn more about it here: Propellerhead - Reason - Alligator Triple Filtered Gate

I decided it would be cool to make an Axe-FX patch that used a similar structure. Amp 1 goes into the "triple-filtered gate" and Amp 2 goes into a dry path to blend in.

The results came out pretty interesting. I really like how when I started to do some muted riffing (around 0:40) it almost sounds like I'm playing along with a drum machine due to the filter resonances.

Check it out:

Here's the patch:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Alligator%20Ripoff.syx

-Adam

Great job. That is the sort f stuff i normally look to an Adrenalinn for. Doing it all inside the box s way cool. I am sure i'll have a blas tweaking that patch!

Great job. That is the sort f stuff i normally look to an Adrenalinn for. Doing it all inside the box s way cool. I am sure i'll have a blas tweaking that patch!

makes me wonder if the II has the same capabilities now as the adrenalinn for filter effects? I know the II has the 32 step sequencer ...was that the last step?

couldn't you ditch the drive, amp and cab on the bottom row and just take a line from the top cab round the bottom and connect to the lower reverb block? it would save you some cpu and you could put in some more fx!

MORE FX!!!!

:)

I noticed you're at 97% on the CPU. Has that caused you any issues thus far? I haven't even come close to that on my Axe II yet, but I remember my Ultra used to get a little wonky sometimes around 95%.

This is actually fairly accurate. It drops to about 93% without USB running but it is around 96-97% with it on. No front panel slowdown though.

couldn't you ditch the drive, amp and cab on the bottom row and just take a line from the top cab round the bottom and connect to the lower reverb block? it would save you some cpu and you could put in some more fx!

MORE FX!!!!

:)

Sure. I just wanted my dry amp tone to be different from the one going through the filters. So that's why I used a two amp approach.

There are no rules here :)

Back
Top Bottom