Trim adjustment

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Never mess with this. What does it do or provide for sound? Seems strange to me as I know what gain, master and level does....but trim I have not a clue?

I love the trim. :devilish:

This is how I use it...

"If the real amp has two inputs (f.e. low and high) the model is based on the high input. Set Input Trim to 0.500 (-6 dB) to get the equivalent of using the low input."

Never mess with this. What does it do or provide for sound? Seems strange to me as I know what gain, master and level does....but trim I have not a clue?

Simply boosts or cut the signal level going into the amp block, nothing more.

Allows you to pretend you have hotter or weaker pickups in your guitar for that preset (frequency differences of various pickups not withstanding)

I have a patch based on ODS clean and use input trim so when playing softly it's clean and breaks up as soon as dig in a little. Being primarily metal thought that was cooler than cool when discovered it could do that.

I use it when I need an absolutely zero breakup clean tone.

Or I attach an envelope modifier to it to get a dynamic lead.

I first started to use it as a way to combat the break up which gets introduced when using a Wah Block... and then discovered how useful it was with humbuckers. It's one of my few golden rules now
thumbsup.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Super was modeled on a real amp that had a 'gainier' Diaz mod in it. Rolling the trim down to .5 allows you to get the Super Reverb sound without that mod.

Back
Top Bottom