Travel speaker for FM3?

I've been using a Positive Grid Spark amp. Left/Right out on the FM3 / 9 into the Aux in 3.5mm (1/8") on the Spark using an adapter. Using a TalentCell Lithium ion Battery Pack NB7102 that has a 19V output to power the Spark so I can move it around easily without having to worry about running power to the little amp. Basically using the Spark as a little battery powered speaker. Overall it seems to work really well - lots of volume and sounds pretty good. I can also use the Spark by itself if I don't want to boot the FM3/9 or if I want to jam with a friend, I can run into the FM3->Spark aux in and them directly into the Spark guitar in.

I highly recommend the Boss eBand JS10 - best practice tool on the planet and although loaded with guitar goodies, the FM3
into an "initial patch" doesn't color the sound.

Since they are sold individually, have you considered picking up a single nearfield studio monitor? I’d think a single 5-1/4” would be perfect for a small travel rig.
I think it would be, if it weren’t for the fact that studio monitors have exposed drivers. You don’t want your toothbrush poking through your woofer. :)

Hello yek
Didn’t try myself but found this that might be interesting

Blackstar Super Fly Active Mini Cab​

It has XLR input and design to work as cab extension for the super fly amp so made for Guitar

I've got one of these Bose, small battery recharges and so loud the front desk in any hotel will be nocking on your door to turn it down...
May not be a CLR but its f~n loud for travel, my neighbors hate it... lol...

I ve the micro monitors which i suggest also in every speaker thread.. They re great for their size.. Look at the specs and range frequency..

Bringing my FM3 so I don't need built-in modeling. Need something portable besides my headphones.

Dali Katch G2 seems to check the boxes for portability (1 kg) and sound quality.

I've tried several Bluetooth speakers. The problematic part for me is latency. The Bose speaker referenced in some earlier posts had a noticeable latency. Had to return all of those Bluetooth speakers, sadly.

Bringing my FM3 so I don't need built-in modeling. Need something portable besides my headphones.

Dali Katch G2 seems to check the boxes for portability (1 kg) and sound quality.
That looks neat. Interesting what RTL is has.

I've tried several Bluetooth speakers. The problematic part for me is latency. The Bose speaker referenced in some earlier posts had a noticeable latency. Had to return all of those Bluetooth speakers, sadly.

I won't be using Bluetooth. Just the Aux In.

Back
Top Bottom