Too little CPU power for my needs .....??!!

If you sell, I will buy :)

I never really fell in love with reverb anyway :)

Can you even hear the difference between the reverb qualities?

Fx8 seems to be going straight from FW1.05 to FW3.0

check the sales thread

I did hear the difference on the Axe 2 between the Normal & High options.....Of course I went always for the Highest quality possible for reverbs....I love it..especially after using the Lexicon PCM80 which I could nicely copy with the Rich Hall in the Axe 2

Well you know I know, there won't be three Firmware updates in a month, unless it's fixing a bug afterward. I'm just trying to state, wait. Give it some time to mature and get in people's hands. That's when a lot of things start to happen.

We'll see what happens. I kind of envision the AX8 as a platform that is going to be much more fixed in terms of development than the rack units; just as the FX8 has been. So while I would expect to get new drives and amps and variations on current blocks as they are introduced to the rack units, I don't really expect much more than that beyond bug fixes. But as before, I'll be thrilled if I'm proven wrong :D
-
Austin

You know what's interesting lately I have been keeping my reverb on one of the springs and At 2% very minimal just to give the tone a room to play in. So my thinking has definitely changed or matured as I get to understand my tools.

We'll see what happens. I kind of envision the AX8 as a platform that is going to be much more fixed in terms of development than the rack units; just as the FX8 has been. So while I would expect to get new drives and amps and variations on current blocks as they are introduced to the rack units, I don't really expect much more than that beyond bug fixes. But as before, I'll be thrilled if I'm proven wrong :D
-
Austin
I agree with you there. All the perfecting is on the AXE-FX and rolls down from there to the other devices, not the other way around. Of course there is no rule stating that is the case. I'm hoping something like the way the switches work on the Ax8 migrate back up into a future MFC controller. What an awesome Eco system to play in.

1). Can't imagine the chance to bank easy profit doesn't factor in to his selling decision.

2). I hear very little difference at lower quality. BTW, the spring reverb type is super low CPU.. another option.

3). FX8 has been on FW 2 since summer.

OK, I just saw the sticky in FX8 forum that talks about FW1.05

I just saw that it was FXedit 1.02 not the FW sorry.

...I'm hoping something like the way the switches work on the Ax8 migrate back up into a future MFC controller...

I'm envisioning/hoping that for the Axe FX3, they go with a Helix Rack/Helix Control model where the rack unit is specifically designed to be used with their fully-featured controller (including scribble strips!). On the AX8, I can't overemphasize how nice it is (to me) to be able to assign footswitches to different functions in each preset while at the same time knowing exactly what they're assigned to.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Kind of an interesting thread for me...I am a 1st time fractal owner with the AX8 and I am blown away by the capability. It totally fits the bill for me...I suppose if I had the flagship I may think otherwise, or at least think I am sacrificing some capability.

Anyway best wishes to @Anand Mahangoe

Kind of an interesting thread for me...I am a 1st time fractal owner with the AX8 and I am blown away by the capability. It totally fits the bill for me...I suppose if I had the flagship I may think otherwise, or at least think I am sacrificing some capability.

Yep. All you know is what you know. That is a definite advantage to you, in this case. And just think that purchase might get you to go the other way in the future and buy an AXE-FX down the road.

And you should be blown away PRS Guy :):):):):)

All the Fractal stuff are simply amazing , lots of people not even realising it....I have been there when I was carrying 3 4x12 cabinets , amps , fridge filled with all the expensive dedicated FX and so on....

BUT never had such a great sound & TONE .....and not even to mention the weight :D:D:D:D:D

AX8 sound great and tons of possibilities......hopefully in the future when the XL versions come by....;)

Until then : I am a 1000% happy guy with the Axe 2 XL and MFC .....let's have fun and I am going to make somebody very happy very SOON , I hope.....:)

Weird, Anand ... I rebuilt all the Axe-Fx II presets I use in the two bands I play in on the AX8.
And apart from some esoteric stuff, that went well. With Stereo UltraRes cabs and all.

If you don't need the form factor of the AX8 and already have the AXEII, maybe it's not for you. For me, the form factor is the reason to even try it. If necessary, I might add an outboard pedal in the loop. If you can get everything in the preset except for the pitch drop, maybe add a Digitech Drop pedal (or whatever they come out with at NAMM to replace the Drop I just bought....).

Certainly no problem selling one now.

-
Austin

They've already tightened up the code so unless they have some major breakthrough in that regard, I don't foresee much difference in the future.

Weird, Anand ... I rebuilt all the Axe-Fx II presets I use in the two bands I play in on the AX8.
And apart from some esoteric stuff, that went well. With Stereo UltraRes cabs and all.

Try the preset file I attached in the top post and see if you can do that same with the Reverb on High quality and add the Pitch Block .

That is my basic preset which I need for most of the songs I play in different settings....and then sometimes add a Whammy in one Scene and sometimes a Tremelo....

THAT basic is what matters...the rest is just playing like synth , whammy and other...that Basic preset is what I came to after playing since the Ultra.

Not doing any other exciting stuff with huge Multi delays , Synths and stuff....

Try the preset file I attached in the top post and see if you can do that same with the Reverb on High quality and add the Pitch Block .

That is my basic preset which I need for most of the songs I play in different settings....and then sometimes add a Whammy in one Scene and sometimes a Tremelo....

THAT basic is what matters...the rest is just playing like synth , whammy and other...that Basic preset is what I came to after playing since the Ultra.

Not doing any other exciting stuff with huge Multi delays , Synths and stuff....

Well, like Scottburrow said, turn down the reverb density and there you are. If you want to have everything exactly like it is on the Axe FX 2 (ie, just moving the blocks straight across), then that's not going to happen. Might be an issue for people trying to replace the Axe FX 2 with the AX8. But I don't think it will be any issue at all for Axe FX 2 owners who are getting the AX8 for playing live while keeping their Axe FX 2's at home. I go back and forth on it myself. On the one hand, running into cpu limits is annoying. On the other hand, using a rack unit with an MFC101 would be kind of annoying after having played the AX8. The fact that the rack unit/MFC101 setup is not superior in every way at twice the price of the AX8 is already a victory for the AX8 IMO.
-
Austin

Sounds like a misunderstanding of what the AX8 actually is.

It was always intended, designed and advertised as a lower cost unit that would not be as powerful as the rack.

Back
Top Bottom