FX8 Firmware V2.00 Release

I need my FX8 for a gig Saturday. What are the chances of something going wrong with the update and messing up my FX8? I have it backed up with Fractal Bot

Just like to say thanks for the e-mail I just received notifying me of the new FX-8 firmware. I used to ask that Fractal do that for the Axe-FX back in day (2008), but every one told me to just check the forum on a daily basis. So, nice touch on the e-mail (although I do check the forum everyday anyway).

I upgraded to the beta, and again today to v2.00, both of which worked flawlessly. I also appreciate the notification by email. Nice work!

I did the firmware update. Watched it loading. Said it was complete. Followed the instructions to check that the update worked. When I go to the firmware page on the FX8 it says:

Version: 2.00
July 21 2015
Press <ENTER> to
start update.

If I press ENTER it says:

Awaiting FW File.

Is something wrong?

Did we mention that there are also already enough great ideas that FX8 firmware 3.0 exists on paper ;)
I love how this product has taken on a life of its own.

is one of them a preset scroll mode, where you can scroll through the presets by holding the bank up and down buttons?

is one of them a preset scroll mode, where you can scroll through the presets by holding the bank up and down buttons?

A feature like that really wouldn't merit a major release like 3.0, more like a maintenance release. Say something like a 2.01, if it were to be built. :shock

I got my FX8 a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded the 2.0 firmware last night. Does that upgrade include the 1.02 firmware update or do I need to do that separately? Or would a recently shipped FX8 have come with 1.02 installed?

I got my FX8 a couple of weeks ago. I downloaded the 2.0 firmware last night. Does that upgrade include the 1.02 firmware update or do I need to do that separately? Or would a recently shipped FX8 have come with 1.02 installed?

any update includes all updates/changes from versions before. so just install the latest one to get everything.

Back
Top Bottom