Tone Vise

ericar

Inspired
Hi
I just wanted to tell you guys about a very cool product that I just installed on my main guitar. It is called Tone Vise and you have to find it on facebook. It's 3 little levers that replace the hex bolts on locking nuts. This works as good as advertised and looks and feels like something hand made by a machinist. If you like what you see you should buy it. I did and am very happy. I have always hated looking for an allen key and dealing with stripped bolts and keys.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/tonevise/about/?ref=page_internal

Interesting idea... But they're too large for my tastes. If they made them less tall then I'd be more interested.

Nowhere on the FB page or website proper is any pricing info as of this date.

No installation instructions on either site as of this date too.

Also there seems to be a top clamp developed and bridge intonation screws developed.

Is it a package deal or can you buy just the top clamp?

You must have nerves of steel to buy a product like that without that info publicly posted.

I had been bugging the guy to see when they were for sale and he messaged me on facebook that he had some ready . I paid 50 plus shipping. It comes as a whole lock nut unit. I had to tell hi the size (R3 or R4). He sent it right away and it works like promised. There are videos on youtube. They have to be this tall to work. Once they are installed you don't need a hex wrench again. Even for string changes. He is coming out with other products. I think it's a very smart idea and it works as promised.

Looks like a functionally great solution. I agree that it’s a bit ugly though. I’d install them in a practice guitar for convenience but not sure if I would want to play on stage with them installed.

Hello,
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mark Hackett and I'm the owner and inventor of the Tone Vise line of products. I came across this thread today and would like to offer some insight regarding my patented "keyless locks".

Eric has one of a few handmade OEM samples made for NAMM. Those came with the nut base for distributing to manufacturers, dealers etc. The aftermarket sets will be available without the base as these drop fit onto an existing nut base. Extremely easy to install it takes just a couple of minutes.

One of the improvements I did over the prior art was to make the string clamping blocks spring loaded. So when the lock is loosened the spring raises the block up out of the way making it easier to change strings. More importantly, the spring tension causes the block to rotate before it clamps the strings, which prevents the strings from detuning.

The sets will include 3 keyless locks, 3 tightening posts with screws, 3 new custom string clamp blocks and 6 identical springs.
MSRP will be 45.00 for chrome. Black and other finishes slightly more. There are also "keyless locks" for Floyd tremolos and intonation tool. I just recently invented a pat. pending "pitch shifter" that doesn't require an allen wrench to fine tune and fits within a standard tremolo recessed cavity.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Hello,
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mark Hackett and I'm the owner and inventor of the Tone Vise line of products. I came across this thread today and would like to offer some insight regarding my patented "keyless locks".

Eric has one of a few handmade OEM samples made for NAMM. Those came with the nut base for distributing to manufacturers, dealers etc. The aftermarket sets will be available without the base as these drop fit onto an existing nut base. Extremely easy to install it takes just a couple of minutes.

One of the improvements I did over the prior art was to make the string clamping blocks spring loaded. So when the lock is loosened the spring raises the block up out of the way making it easier to change strings. More importantly, the spring tension causes the block to rotate before it clamps the strings, which prevents the strings from detuning.

The sets will include 3 keyless locks, 3 tightening posts with screws, 3 new custom string clamp blocks and 6 identical springs.
MSRP will be 45.00 for chrome. Black and other finishes slightly more. There are also "keyless locks" for Floyd tremolos and intonation tool. I just recently invented a pat. pending "pitch shifter" that doesn't require an allen wrench to fine tune and fits within a standard tremolo recessed cavity.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Have you got any links to your site or pics to post ?

Look at the oriental original post...

I took a peek. ( Thanks )
Whenever I see Facebook , I just avoid it. I figured he had a product pic of his own.
I agree with the other guys here who said it's pretty ugly. I like the concept though.

An interesting idea. It's good to see innovation take place. Too bad it looks like pants though.

Guys, thanks for the feedback. Regarding the appearance of the nut locks, there's the phrase "Form follows function". People told Floyd that socket head cap screws and allen wrenches were ugly. Once they used them however the appearance was secondary and the rest is history.

With the guitar held in the playing position, compared to the flip lever types it is much easier to rotate my locks than trying to awkwardly reach up under a flip lever to unlock.

My locks also won't go out of adjustment from unlocking, they always return back to the position you choose to set them at. From my experience the flip levers are very fussy and unlocking can easily knock them out of adjustment.

So when used with my tremolo keyless locks you can change strings in about the same time as a stop tailpiece guitar. Plus be able to fine tune the intonation easily.

Attachments

• 20171114_195223.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hello,

Good job buddy - great innovation. I hope it’s a mega success for you!!

Back
Top Bottom