Tone Match a non-modeled Amp

bshaw92

Experienced
I was wondering if there is an amp that you want but is not modeled can you use a close amp and tone match it?

Dr Z Antidote...for example - Use a Dr Z Route 66 model and tone match. Can it be done with accuracy? I'm interested in the antidote but would rather have a sample to play to see if I really "need" it versus just using another modeled amp.

If it would work - if anyone has one and would like to try it I would gladly sample it :D

Yep that is the way it's supposed to work, get something close and tone match it. Or you can Amp match if you have the real amp and a load box. Find the best source audio you can.

That's exactly how you're supposed to do it. I did it using my Fender Bassbreaker. Results were middling, but I didn't exactly have a nice recording studio where I could isolate the amp. It's definitely a confusing process, that's for sure, although it may be better now after the last few updates to the Axe and Axe Edit.

I just helped a buddy of mine match a few of his amps that aren't included in the Axe and got them to the point where he couldn't tell the difference. If you know what your amp is based on you can get close with the options in the Axe.

I just helped a buddy of mine match a few of his amps that aren't included in the Axe and got them to the point where he couldn't tell the difference. If you know what your amp is based on you can get close with the options in the Axe.

Was one of them an Archon by chance ??

Good... We can finally quit hearing all the bitching about not having one! :)
Unix-guy... working with the Bogfish amp on some King’s X type stuff. Great recommendation.

I’m still in Axe class (long manual and loads of threads) so I’m light on programming and tweaking until I get my engineer chops down but you were right... a great place to start with the Bogfish Brown. Any more inspirational ideas... please send them my way. I’m sure the rest of the Tabor fans appreciate it too. Or rather... they should. Gracias Amigo.

Look up what its based on and dial it in using your ears as close as possible. The TM and it should be pretty darn close. The knob positions/taper probably won't match.

Good to know about the Archon but I kinda never bonded with my very limited time with it. Hopefully the Axe changes that.

Unix-guy... working with the Bogfish amp on some King’s X type stuff. Great recommendation.

I’m still in Axe class (long manual and loads of threads) so I’m light on programming and tweaking until I get my engineer chops down but you were right... a great place to start with the Bogfish Brown. Any more inspirational ideas... please send them my way. I’m sure the rest of the Tabor fans appreciate it too. Or rather... they should. Gracias Amigo.
Glad it's working for you!

Back
Top Bottom