Tom Quayle has a QuadCortex neuralDSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy comes off as a narcissist. I don't believe his claims that Fractal had anything to do with this. Nor do believe that Fractal gushed to him about how much they admire him. I need a barf bag.
Has he got chops? I didn't watch the whole thing

What is the capture feature?
Just, IB4 Cliff chimes in: I'm in NO way trying to contradict him, I DO believe when he says it's FAS' policy. Just wanted to give an example of what could be a misleading video. If G66 as a company decided to give him a "free" Axe-FX, it's G66's and only G66's business and nothing else.
Could be a potential violation of the dealer agreement with Fractal if no free product was in the legal agreement.

Yeah the Helix floor price is ridiculous. Were they always that expensive? In Canada, the QC will be cheaper than the Helix and quite a bit cheaper than the Kemper.
Though I don't dislike the Helix, I think it's very over priced. My opinion on this was largely shaped when I bought one to replace my Pod HD500 floor unit for which I paid $ 600 Cdn new around 2010. At the time (2017), the Helix was 2k$ Cdn and I returned it after realizing how much the same it actually is to my PodHD - sure there was a new screen, scribble strips, an extra loop, and amp switcher socket, but internally, other than additional CPU power (still somewhat limited), improved cabs, and ir ability, it was not a whole lot different than the PodHD in my use case - for that price difference, I guess I was expecting a completely re-engineered device - so, though I would have kept the Helix as a descent secondary all in one floor unit to use in 4CM with my Blackstar combo, I did Not feel the Helix pricing offered enough added value over the Pod HD.

So I still have the Pod and am happy with it. A great thing for me about the Pod (Helix Floor/Lt would be the same) is that it makes a darn good foot controller extention for Axe3 as you can mannipulate the Pod's (or Helix's) switch on/off states - so with some midi translation going on (Bome midi translator software) I'm getting 2 Axefx functions per Pod switch (7 x 2 switches) + all the Axe3 looper controls from Pod + I can group the pod swiltches if I want (1 or 2 Groups) - all within one Pod bank - was $ well spent just for the switching never mind the decent amp modelling + fx for use with the combo - but $2300 to replace with Helix floor - no way. I think Quad Cortex may shake thing up in this price range. I am surprised Neural DSP is doing such wide distribution of Quad Cortex right off the bat as I understand they've just done plugins in the past (was surprised to see it showing up on Canadian online retailer this soon - thought it would only be available on Thomann or order direct).

(was surprised to see it showing up on Canadian online retailer this soon - thought it would only be available on Thomann or order direct).
Not sure release is soon. Most are predicting late January, February. They had to replace components on the board for all the units they had built.

Where Fractal can improve is the user interface. Hardest I’ve ever had to work at getting a unit to do what I wanted it to do. It’s not for the faint of heart. Good thing we have this community, the Wiki and probably the best written manuals in the industry.

Where Fractal can improve is the user interface. Hardest I’ve ever had to work at getting a unit to do what I wanted it to do. It’s not for the faint of heart. Good thing we have this community, the Wiki and probably the best written manuals in the industry.

Agreed about the UI. I never edit on the unit itself..just not a great experience. Thankfully Axe Edit makes it very easy.

If the capture process works well on the QC and the UI looks very good (which it does for sure), this will make things interesting. I'm going to get one I think.

Agreed about the UI. I never edit on the unit itself..just not a great experience. Thankfully Axe Edit makes it very easy.

If the capture process works well on the QC and the UI looks very good (which it does for sure), this will make things interesting. I'm going to get one I think.
Maybe the have upped the ante with best feature frome Kemper and the other units

Not to stir the pot, but there's this video:

I do believe in FAS' policy regarding not giving anyone free gear (has been mentioned several times here, and I recall John Petrucci saying something about it), and to be completely fair, the guy mentions the deal was done with G66, and if it's true that he got his III for "free" by trading his old Axe FX, then he should come clean and avoid misleading titles like "FRACTAL AUDIO gifted me an AXE-FX 3 !!!" and change that to G66 instead, IMO of course.

WE did not give him a free one, G66 did. What dealers do with units is their business.

Not sure release is soon. Most are predicting late January, February. They had to replace components on the board for all the units they had built.
Wasn't referring to how soon so much in that sense - was referring more to the aggressive reach of distribution with company's 1st foray into hardware guitar modellers (Guess I don't know the whole story or the norms for this type of thing).

Last edited:
Wasn't referring to how soon so much in that sense - was referring more to the aggressive reach of distribution with company's 1st foray into hardware guitar modellers (Guess I don't know the whole story or the norms for this type of thing).

FWIW - Long and McQuade has had it on their website for over a month now. They said they were expecting some end of January a few weeks ago, no idea how accurate that is now

Yep, that was why I said he should come clean and make the clarification. "Fractal Audio gifted me..." is a very misleading title.
It is pretty strange as he states "the guys at Fractal and G66 contacted me ...". Evidently some embellishment there. He def wants to tell the world about the free part as I had to turn it off after several minites of his droning on about it.

FWIW - Long and McQuade has had it on their website for over a month now. They said they were expecting some end of January a few weeks ago, no idea how accurate that is now
Huh - Interesting that this thing is gonna be everywhere - not what I expected

Huh - Interesting that this thing is gonna be everywhere - not what I expected

Yeah, no doubt. They must have a pretty large manufacturing run planned I would think...based on how many retailers that say they are going to have them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom