to buy or not to buy........

etneccas

Just wondering if anyone sent an email to be on the "waiting list" and decided to just purchase
the AXE II without the 400 dollar discount coupon, (because they just had to have it NOW!) and then received a notification shortly thereafter taking delivery that they were eligible for the waiting list coupon discount....................:eek:
Cliff You have to chill out on the censorship of the forum!,You set up this process without totally thinking through the demand and customer service end of it You shut Down WHAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS tried to accomplish in the waiting list thread albeit inaccurate but, was only created because of fractal's lack of customer service
(don't ask for email confirmation c'mon!)
transparency and proper infrastructre and then you take issue with it
I feel the discount should be offered to your loyal customers first and these orders should just be filled first Otherwise there should have been no discount at all...........problem solved!
just my thoughts BUt i'm sure this will be censored too!

Damn... eight posts in and more than half of your comments are negative(ish) :D ?!?!? Things happened... some folks are super stoked... some folks are super pissed... and there's a whole bunch of other folks in between. In a years time when everyone's gotten their Axe-fx II this will all be forgotten...

Just wondering if anyone sent an email to be on the "waiting list" and decided to just purchase
the AXE II without the 400 dollar discount coupon, (because they just had to have it NOW!) and then received a notification shortly thereafter taking delivery that they were eligible for the waiting list coupon discount....................:eek:
Cliff You have to chill out on the censorship of the forum!,You set up this process without totally thinking through the demand and customer service end of it You shut Down WHAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS tried to accomplish in the waiting list thread albeit inaccurate but, was only created because of fractal's lack of customer service
I feel the discount should be offered to your loyal customers first and these orders should just be filled first Otherwise there should have been no discount at all...........problem solved!

Yeah man i totally agree!!!

Outside looking in, it's easy to point out all the faults. We're so used to massive companies with limitless resources who can hire an 'expert' for every little need. Guess what? It doesn't always work that way. You're looking a small group of people supplying the entire world with a device who's quality and attention to detail is nearly unmatched in the entire world. It doesn't just happen instantly. In fact, most things don't.

I'm not saying they've done everything perfectly. I'm sure Fractal could list a whole string of stressful, inconvenient mistakes or 'duh' moments. I'm sure they've said to themselves many times, "would have been easier if we had done that in the first place" or "that didn't work like we thought it would." Most companies are not nearly as open as Fractal is. Most companies don't let you talk with their CEO on a public forum. It seems the reason for that is becoming more and more apparent; I think Fractal is possibly too transparent.

What's more Fractal has made some HUGE improvements in US distribution. There's now no issue if you want to buy one right away as the Axe II comes in stock and stay in stock regularly. If you want to save a little money, the wait list is being serviced reasonably quickly. If the fake list is any reference (I'm told it's not), I'm already half-way there after only a little over a week of it being serviced.

Certainly, there are some things that could go, or could have have gone, more smoothly. However, I don't think accusing the people working hardest to see your needs met is the way to go about it. Fractal has obviously listened to some of our biggest complaints and done their best to make improvements. You can't really ask for much more.

Peace.

Yea, I think this process happened with Ultra too but the demand is just very huge imo. Probably lot of things to learn for next product release. Many things can be automated but since the team is small, I guess they have very little time to look into technical side of things. I would love to help with that but I guess, Cliff doesn't want to be bothered. :)

The fact is if you don't like the customer service, you can just move on with other products which has good CS. I have been waiting to get an Axe since a year as soon as I found out. I just wish information was shared in a little better way.

Your absolutely right.... Cliff should ignore all those people who are willing to pay the 2599 because they want it now and cater to you because that is what you want. Get a Frickin grip dude!!!! That's the problem with people today.... it's always all about me. Cliff is in business and demand is high for his product. He is under no obligation to give the discount he is giving. You don't like it because you have to wait to get the discount..... Grow the hell UP!!!!!!
If you don't like how he does business, start your own. There are far too many comments telling Cliff how he should run his business.

Last edited:
You shut Down WHAT YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS tried to accomplish in the waiting list thread albeit inaccurate but, was only created because of fractal's lack of customer service

Could not DISAGREE more.

Its best customer service I know,

You did know it as AXE Forumite first,you had the first acess,you get even a a discount !! for a hyped new product(you may know that on some new cars you have to pay a purchase premium to get it early)

And if you for one time think about real world pls consider this facts

-->Fractal had to finance development time
-->Fractal had to go over a period with almost Zero revenue when STD and Ultras were stopped and "2" not yet here
-->Small businesses in general have a hard time to get money from banks.Even if Cliff had estimated start up demand correct(which he probably did)how to get the money to prefinance the components in this period?
-->Even if you work 24h a day their is a maximum output to your factory lines

I think Fractal did very good

Roland

It is what it is. They're doing the best they can with the resources they have. I, for one, am happy to see the progress made on the list so far. C'mon...they changed the store to better serve the wait list. But then again, I'm slightly biased because I got my coupon already.

Everything this company has done thus far is to tirelessly serve its loyal customers. Their track record is still stellar! There will always be complainers which is frustrating to see and hear for those that love and support this company as well as those running the business. I think back to all the GAS and equipment purchased over the last 10 years that never delivered UNTIL i found the Ultra and realize that i am grateful to live in a time where many like me on this forum probably agree. For those that don't agree, I HAVE SOME EQUIPMENT I WOULD LOVE TO SELL YOU!

How about something simple? When you send your email you receive a number. On the Fractal site it could say now serving "x". Then would know if you are close or miles away. No would have need to ask if they were close or passed by. That system has worked in brick and mortor stores for decades. It would remove a lot of confusion.

Just expressing some frustration over the whole countdown saga,waiting list debacle,etc
Some off you need to chill a bit including Cliff
Surely this could have been executed more professionally ...........
It's clear that contructive criticism will not be tolerated by Fractal

It's called supply and demand. Cliff is appreciative of his current
Users enough to give us a great product and a $400 discount.

Don't like it? Don't get one.

Just expressing some frustration over the whole countdown saga,waiting list debacle,etc

I could not disagree more with you. Frankly I don't find your criticism constructive at all, rather very juvenile and self-centered with a sense of entitlement like a spoiled child.
Fractal Audio is a very small company, not a huge company like Line 6, Korg or Digitech, yet Fractal Audio delivers both a far better product and far, far better customer service than any other company I've ever dealt with. The firmware updates are FREE AND FREQUENT, the customer service of Fractal Audio is frankly unmatched in the industry.
I'm a professional guitarist, have toured both sides of the Atlantic and have had endorsement deals with other companies. I don't get any discounts or special services from Fractal Audio but have nothing but praise for the company, and I get really annoyed by posts like yours, it is obvious that you have NO idea just how hard FA and Cliff in particular is working in order to deliver their products and the brilliant customer service they provide. I totally understand if Cliff gets very annoyed by posts like yours, and since Fractal owns this forum Cliff can censor it as he please - so don´t get into a "freedom of speech" argument here.
I think (granted, speculation on my part) there are several reasons why FA don´t send out mail notification that you are on the list as # so and so. Among others the reasons could be:
1) FA, understandably, don´t want to tell their competition what FA´s exact production capabillity and customer base is.
2) FA is focusing their man hours on getting the products made so they can offer them to us, don´t think for a second that sending mail notifications and answering (in the voice of Donkey) "when are we there" and a little later " are we there yet" mails is a trivial task, that could easily take up a full days work for one person. So would you like extended mail service and longer delivery times ?? - not me.

If you feel violated by the policies of Fractal Audio or think that another company will provide you with better customer service, then by all means seek life and your equipment elsewhere.

Last edited:
My 2 cents, I have been witness to this whole debacle from the beginning and have not posted anything or responded to anything about it until now (I checked and did make one small comment, on June 19th, sorry!) & I feel like I need to say something after the insane amount of time I have spent on the puter on the forum over the past month and a half. I only 1st heard of Axe-Fx about 2 months ago while on another forum I was looking for advice on the best new metal amp out there (I have been out of the scene for a while) and someone directed me to the Axe-Fx. I joined the forum shortly after and have been following the release of the Axe II from the beginning, logging on several times a day to either purchase or read what the latest news was. I signed up for the waiting list the day it was set up but not until 5est which puts me over 200 on the list (maybe). Thats my story and what I have witnessed is to say the least is not smooth or thought out on several stages. This whole thing seems to me a lot of acting on impulse. I agree that I would like to know where exactly I am on the "list". I am debating to purchase a unit at the jacked up price (jacked up because of forum members complaining) but I like many others don't want to find a coupon in my in-box a week after I buy it, $400 is a lot in my life. I do agree with "etneccas" that if I am on a waiting list I should be 1st served before others who are not, with the exception of high profile musicians/endorsies obviously. I will say that I do believe the overwhelming posts of complaining & bickering from the beginning did cause most of this mess but Fractal does need to take some responsibility also. So right now what I know is: I think im on a waiting list (sort of) but I have no idea where (as confirmed by Fractal, "The list is so grossly inaccurate that it should not be used for anything.") I could always buy an Ultra or Standard, na I need the newest and best! So I guess I'll either buck up and pay $400 over the original starting price or wait...............wait..............wait.............

For what its worth I also have never emailed Fractal to inquire about anything just been sitting by silently (until now) watching this mess.

I am excited to at some point actually be able to try an Axe-Fx, I heard they are pretty nice!

I have a feeling this post will be deleted soon if you use the past as a reference.

Last edited:

I would recommend you put your money where your mouth is and not buy an Axe-fx II that way you won't have to be frustrated with Cliff's business decisions any longer. Cliff works his ass off everyday and has put a ridiculous amount of time and effort into this product whilst providing endless free firmware updates and support to his customers.

Last edited:
Not to buy :) It actually feels good to not want one of these things anymore. I'm sure the units the freakin bomb but for me it's just not worth all this bull.

Back
Top Bottom