Tired of Axe-Edit problems

On my 2015 MBP I can plug in the USB anytime and turn the AxeFX on or have it on already unplug the USB, replug it in. There's never any connectivity problem. AxeFX just seems to run no matter how I sequence it.

Too bad that's not the experiences I've been having.

Not trying to sound cool, but it's been literally years since I've had a connectivity issue with AxeEdit. Like many years. Are there still buffer settings in the program?

Someone mentioned Chrome possibly hijacking the MIDI interface?
I believe they resolved that issue in newer releases,and I use Chrome (pretty much exclusively) at home and it's not been an issue.

I have to agree with OP unfortunately. AE has been a nightmare for connectivity on windows 10. I have 4 USB 3.0 ports and I think AE just does NOT get along with 3.0/win10. I wish they could make some modification to the code to make it play better with USB 3.0.

Same here. I've had nothing but trouble with Axe Edit. Not only on Win10 64 bit but also on Win7 and Vista.
Might be USB, might be midi, I'm not an IT guy. I would just like an editor that works.

I was having problems with AX8 edit after upgrading to 7.02. I tried shorter USB cables, maybe 5 total, nothing worth. Saw a post from Admin Matt about a high quality USB cable fractal recommends. Bought it for $10 and no more problems.

Well I checked and it IS part of the start-up protocol. I also checked and it's connected to USB2 with a working USB cable. The FASUSBAudio Control Panel shows the Axe-FX is connected and I can run all the computer sound through the Axe-FX so clearly that's not the issue.
HOWEVER Axe-Edit no longer connects at ALL despite re-installing it and the drivers several times as well as re-booting the computer numerous times.

I do not believe there are any Midi/Usb conflicts simply because I have nothing else hooked up to the computer other than my keyboard, mouse, monitor and speakers.

I'm pretty much at my wit's end with Axe-edit but thanks for the help regardless, it's appreciated.

Hi....frustrating...Can I suggest something radical? Working as an IT sometimes there's nothing better than a fresh install. I know, I know not what you wanna do but it fixes "things". I'm a Mac user working in a Windows environment and over there years I found out that Windows (no offence to any Win users) is a bit more 'tricky' sometimes. Look if you reach the point of 'and now what?' this might do the trick.
One more thing...We had a case where we had to disable USB 3. It's done in the BIOS. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom