Tinnitus sufferers: ever find anything that helps?

Have any of you ever found anything that actually helps with this? Even if just temporarily?

I just remembered something my doctor told me to try and when I did try it, it seemed to help calm the ringing down a bit...Claritin. I’m going to head into Walmart in a bit to get some. I think the reason it helps, is that at this time of year and into the winter, the weather affects my sinuses and when the can’t drain the pressure builds up and causes the ringing to get worse.

I just remembered something my doctor told me to try and when I did try it, it seemed to help calm the ringing down a bit...Claritin. I’m going to head into Walmart in a bit to get some. I think the reason it helps, is that at this time of year and into the winter, the weather affects my sinuses and when the can’t drain the pressure builds up and causes the ringing to get worse.

That's easy enough to try. I think I'll make a run to the drug store today at some point too. Thanks for posting that.

Having Tinnitus really sucks. Aside from the constant high pitched sound in your head, it's hard to listen to the TV when someone is having a conversation or vice-versa. What really sucks though, is not being able to turn the amp. up loud enough to drown out, unwanted background noises. Let me give you an example! LOL!!

Stiff hands/fingers is another thing I'm dealing with. Advice there also welcomed. Any supplements or anything that help with that? My right hand flies but the fingers on my left stiffen up horribly. Granted it's only been several months since I started playing again after a long layoff but it's not showing much improvement with practice.

Getting old sucks. :tonguewink:

I gave myself tendonitis playing a flat radius Charvel guitar. A friend recommend that I take MSM (a kind of sulfur), Vitamin D3 and K2. One (or all) of those worked and it went away. I also noticed that the arthritis that was starting to bother my right foot cleared up.

Having Tinnitus really sucks. Aside from the constant high pitched sound in your head, it's hard to listen to the TV when someone is having a conversation or vice-versa. What really sucks though, is not being able to turn the amp. up loud enough to drown out, unwanted background noises. Let me give you an example! LOL!!

That's hilarious because I have an old Morley wah that does the exact same thing. lol

That's easy enough to try. I think I'll make a run to the drug store today at some point too. Thanks for posting that.
It's been pretty windy here in PHX (howdy, neighbor!) the past day or so. A high pressure system coming in, according to the weather folks. Maybe the change in pressure? Mine's been worse than usual the past few days, too.

It's been pretty windy here in PHX (howdy, neighbor!) the past day or so. A high pressure system coming in, according to the weather folks. Maybe the change in pressure? Mine's been worse than usual the past few days, too.

Makes sense to me. High pressure affects the sinus cavities in turn can affect hearing.

I gave myself tendonitis playing a flat radius Charvel guitar. A friend recommend that I take MSM (a kind of sulfur), Vitamin D3 and K2. One (or all) of those worked and it went away. I also noticed that the arthritis that was starting to bother my right foot cleared up.
Can you get these at any run-of-the-mill store, or are they hatd to find?

Also, MSM = ????

Claritin can help with tinnitus & other ear issues. Every now & then I get a high pitched clicking sound in 1 ear. Sometimes it fires off so rapidly it sounds like static, a nice diversion from the tinnitus LOL! Claritin seems to clear that up but unfortunately, doesn't get rid of the tinnitus. The best thing I did after I got tinnitus was get custom molded musicians ear plugs to keep it from getting any worse.

Claritin can help with tinnitus & other ear issues. Every now & then I get a high pitched clicking sound in 1 ear. Sometimes it fires off so rapidly it sounds like static, a nice diversion from the tinnitus LOL! Claritin seems to clear that up but unfortunately, doesn't get rid of the tinnitus. The best thing I did after I got tinnitus was get custom molded musicians ear plugs to keep it from getting any worse.
I also get the occasional repetitive muscle spasm in the area of my ear which manifests as a sort of flapping noise. I can actually feel it spasming as well as hear the eardrum flapping. It sounds like a softer version of the flappy noise a piece of aluminum roof flashing makes if you grab one end of it and wibble-wobble it around. Probably nerves being pinched in my neck from the old, untreated whiplash in the early '90s.

Getting old is not good for your health....

I also get the occasional repetitive muscle spasm in the area of my ear which manifests as a sort of flapping noise. I can actually feel it spasming as well as hear the eardrum flapping. It sounds like a softer version of the flappy noise a piece of aluminum roof flashing makes if you grab one end of it and wibble-wobble it around. Probably nerves being pinched in my neck from the old, untreated whiplash in the early '90s.

I've had the flapping or light thumping before too but lately it's been the clicking sound:rolleyes: Getting old sucks but the alternative is worse!

Most likely Tensor tympani syndrome

Back
Top Bottom