Times Square Guitar Center

Admit it we've all been guitar store heroes a few times in our lives. I always got a kick out of a few pairs of gawking eyes.

still more tolerable than most of namm.

i have a rule- don't play anything until Sunday.

Sunday I go back and play all the things I wanted to try out- this year it was pretty much just two rock amps and some cool pedals samson came out with.

What's a near windmill?

It's like this...

...except not quite

biggrin.gif

It would be cool if Fractal Audio opened a store and had exactly this going on but with everyone wearing headphones. Feed it all into a mixer if you want to experience that classic Guitar Center ambiance.

Wow, this video is going viral. It was on CTV National News at 6:30EST. "Guitar Center in Times Square Opens - allowing anyone to try anything, the sights and sounds have become unfavorable for some shoppers" Lol bahahahahahahaha
double wow.

Wow, this video is going viral. It was on CTV National News at 6:30EST. "Guitar Center in Times Square Opens - allowing anyone to try anything, the sights and sounds have become unfavorable for some shoppers" Lol bahahahahahahaha
double wow.

Looks like the news is reporting stuff we've known for years. That said, I have nothing against Guitar Center. They seem to have a good selection of stuff, good prices and a liberal return policy. I don't go in expecting personalized service. It's an absolutely terrible listening environment for trying out gear made worse by the fact that most every guitar on the rack has worn out strings and a terrible setup. Still, its fun to go in and see what they have in the used gear section, there are some great values to be had there.

Putting a GC in Times Square is like having your picnic on an anthill, I guess. You can do it, but you should expect what happens next. On top of all the pickers, there's probably some classic rock (Boston, maybe?) on the store's PA. I never understood that. Was everyone supposed to be inspired and play along or something? My, my.

Back
Top Bottom