Times Square Guitar Center

That reminded me of the first day of my kid's kindergarden class :lol. Funny isn't it... as you mature as a musician you find your self loathing, having to go into a retail music store because of this very thing. If I have to I go first thing when they open or right before they close to avoid the noise makers.

I do the same thing and I try to go on a week day. I do not go to music stores on weekends unless it is an absolute emergency.

In a normal Guitar Center, anywhere in America, this is the norm on Saturday afternoon. Of course in Times Square, with all the visitors, they get to enjoy such all day, everyday in summer, and during the winter recess around the holidays.

Of course the use of the term Times Square is very loose for something between 8th and 9th.

Back in the day, Sam Ash in White Plains,N.Y. had a great solution for this. They called it a Blast Room. Pick the guitar or amp you wanted to put through the paces, through the side door into a room full of 4x12's from wall to wall. They gave you a 30 minute run and then time was up.

Sadly, chaos like this is rampant in music stores now. My heart goes out too anyone who has to put up with that for 8 hrs .

Come to Denmark and you'll have your dreams fulfilled.

Back
Top Bottom