This is just EPIC.

Love this release as much as anyone, but don't for one moment think that this "live" DVD doesn't have quite a bit of post production vocal & guitar magic happening. How much is anyone's guess, but they all do it to some extent. People who saw this live would be able to tell of course.

Regardless, I love me some Zep for sure!! The ever elusive magic that this band has always possessed from day one cannot be denied.

This would doubtless be true - the Live Aid performance wasn't stellar after all
unsure.gif

However, I agree that it's still most certainly epic!

And I can definitely say that post-production or not, I'm even more bummed they didn't tour after this. What an amazing set list and performance. Truly great to see how much they enjoyed themselves too...

Love this release as much as anyone, but don't for one moment think that this "live" DVD doesn't have quite a bit of post production vocal & guitar magic happening. How much is anyone's guess, but they all do it to some extent. People who saw this live would be able to tell of course.

Regardless, I love me some Zep for sure!! The ever elusive magic that this band has always possessed from day one cannot be denied.

Surprisingly, considering how many young vocalists can't pull off a decent live performance, this video from 2007 seems to suggest that he is capable of sounding great live without help...

Anyway, can´t wait to get my hands on this Blu-ray! Wish they had included "Ten Years Gone", though... a beautiful tune : )

Got the email from Amazon earlier today: "Your Amazon.com order of "Celebration Day" has shipped! Your estimated delivery date is Monday, November 26th."

For the first time this season, Monday Night Football can suck it. :lol

Go out and get it now! Each and every one of you! Just finished watching the Blu-ray. Wow. They sound great and are really enjoying themselves throughout the whole show. When you get the CD/DVD/Blu-ray, read Jason's quote in the booklet included in the packaging. Just about brought tears to my eyes. It was a really special night for him. Yes, Jimmy is pretty sloppy at times. But he was pretty sloppy back in the 70s too. I can't quite figure out how he does it, but he's the only guy on the planet who can get away with it. It's like his playing just screams, "I'm Jimmy Page! Get the Hell outta my way!" Truly awesome. Also, I never realized how much time he spends with the pickup selector switch in the middle. For some reason, it stuck out to me watching this show. I use that setting on my Les Paul too, but only on clean stuff. Never could get anything I was crazy about with a distorted tone. I shall have to experiment more...

Go out and get it now! Each and every one of you! Just finished watching the Blu-ray. Wow. They sound great and are really enjoying themselves throughout the whole show. When you get the CD/DVD/Blu-ray, read Jason's quote in the booklet included in the packaging. Just about brought tears to my eyes. It was a really special night for him. Yes, Jimmy is pretty sloppy at times. But he was pretty sloppy back in the 70s too. I can't quite figure out how he does it, but he's the only guy on the planet who can get away with it. It's like his playing just screams, "I'm Jimmy Page! Get the Hell outta my way!" Truly awesome. Also, I never realized how much time he spends with the pickup selector switch in the middle. For some reason, it stuck out to me watching this show. I use that setting on my Les Paul too, but only on clean stuff. Never could get anything I was crazy about with a distorted tone. I shall have to experiment more...
Very Telecaster-Like!
If you watch/listen to their gigs from 75-80, you´ll realize he used the middle position a lot back in the day, and the tone was very clean. Cool.

Last edited:
Expletive! Expletive! Expletive! This gives me hope. Plant hasn't been able to entertain me with a live performance in many long years. What is different? Clean lifestyle? Singing lessons? Surgery? For the last 30yrs he just seems to crack on most of the notes. He was very clean on this performance. Even on the infamous "Way I Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel" part.

Yes, Jimmy is pretty sloppy at times. But he was pretty sloppy back in the 70s too. I can't quite figure out how he does it, but he's the only guy on the planet who can get away with it.
I know what you mean. He is always on the edge. Another guy who reminds me of that is Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of The Mars Volta. I can't tell if he is a genius or a hack, a virtuoso or a sloppy noise making mess. I don't know....but I like it. 8)

Back
Top Bottom