....Thinking about a 2nd strat , fav colors ?

Nothing says "elegance plus attitude" like a tobacco burst strat with a black pickguard. Sienna burst will do in a pinch, if the spraying is subtle and avoids the clownburst look.

I really like the fiesta red, surf green, and aqua finishes.

I used to have an Arctic White American Standard. Stunning looking and sounding guitar, just couldn't bond with that neck profile over twenty years of struggle so I kissed her good bye in a trade for my Music Man Axis, which is in high playing rotation now.

Nothing says "elegance plus attitude" like a tobacco burst strat with a black pickguard. Sienna burst will do in a pinch, if the spraying is subtle and avoids the clownburst look.
Then I should start playing mine more often... :)

The Fender was my #1 for about 20 years. When I had it built I requested a black pickguard (and black pups) because it was different than the standard burst + white (or that greenish off-white that I really don't like...)

Agreed. Red Tortoise pickguard looks good on a burst Strat too.

ztll6oq92rhzx8rie7yg.jpg

I really like the fiesta red, surf green, and aqua finishes.

I used to have an Arctic White American Standard. Stunning looking and sounding guitar, just couldn't bond with that neck profile over twenty years of struggle so I kissed her good bye in a trade for my Music Man Axis, which is in high playing rotation now.

Once I had my 70's Strat Plek'ed, night and day difference.

Didn't care for the neck at all before. After, best playing guitar I own.

Um......no......

Where did you find that? The closest thing I have to that is this (less clown, more brown :)):

Austin%20AU731.jpeg
Gah! I'm having the damnedest time getting pics to post with the correct rotation.

I have four MIM Strats. A black w/rosewood fingerboard, a black w/maple fingerboard, a white w/maple fingerboard, and one that's this color, my current favorite of the batch...I think Fender called it Midnight Blue, but it looks purple in daylight (or indoor equivalent):

Purple%20Strat%20T.jpeg

This is just a pic off the web. Mine has a maple fingerboard and is currently set up HSS (Lace Sensor Golds) on a mother of bowling ball pickguard. I think the next string change I'll drop a set of Texas Specials in it and see how it likes them.

Adding mine to the mix of already beautiful Strat’s on this thread, it was a guitar I acquired while on vacation five years ago. My first Strat too! (American Standard)

But made some changes, locking tuners (Fenders). This was an impulse buy, in Guitar Center and just happened to see them. The guitar does not stay in tune any better; because the old tuners already worked great, but sure makes string changes a hell of a lot faster, with the locking tuners!

The guitar has seen a few sets of different pickups, but as of now I like the Fender N3’s. The pickups they came with the guitar sounded great but noisy as hell (Fender Custom shop).

One thing that always bugged me was the no-load pot on the tone control for the bridge pickup. It just took a bright pickup design (single coils), and the brightest position (bridge) and made that even brighter. I tried a few different wiring schemes including switching the tone control pots, but then the middle became too harsh for me. Cutting to the chase: the 5 way switch works as always, volume is the same, the middle pot is now a master for tone for the whole guitar, I also have it coming in after the volume pot (50’s wiring: less high end loss when rolling back on the volume) and found some use for that no-load pot. It’s now a blender pot for the bridge and neck pickup.

John
20170226_065602.jpg

Back
Top Bottom