Things to check before buying axe

Hi guys,

I live in India and abt to buy the beautiful black box. The seller is giving 1 year warranty. M not sure abt how they will deal with it. If something is wrong how they will deal woth fractal. I dont want anything bad to happen with my axe. So I decided to make payment only if the unit is perfectly fine. Can u guys tell me what things to check first.. Before making payment. I don't want to regret later. And there are power cuts in my area. Should I go for any power conditioner. Should I go for it? Furman are available in my country. Thanx

You will definitely need a power conditioner in India. I travel a lot to Hyderabad and Thane on business and my peeps rent me one for my stays as I have blown up two laptop power supplies with the surges there during my first couple of visits.

Do you have an expression controller? If so, definitely plug it in, calibrate it, & make sure it works. Plug in a set of headphones and make sure that works. Hook up USB to the computer after installing the drivers and make sure that works. Use as many of the different outputs as you can and make sure they work.

Move around the different menus and spin the knobs to make sure all the buttons & encoders work.

That one-year warranty is only as good as the honesty of the seller. Fractal's warrantys are only offered to the original purchaser. Unless you know the seller well, it's best to assume you have no warranty.

Thank u Rex Nd Dr bonkers. I have line 6 pod HD 500+. No expression pedal though. Indeed I will check knobs. As many outputs. It's available in Mumbai. I reside in Delhi. So m thinking of taking my guitar. Any specific power conditioner Dr bonkers. Can u PM me yr ph number. I can have a convo on ph. I have seen many videos on axe. Sometimes I notice a noise on high amp models. I don't want to get confused while checking the axe . as fractal say it have very little noise. May be axe is noise free. U guys are expert. I will give a link of a Cooper Carter video where I found noise before he plays. Is it common on high gain amps. Thanx a lot guys.. I will build my first guitar rif. And m too excited. And I don't want anything to spoil my excitement. Cheers guys. Thnx a lot. I waited for 3 years and now m finally getting it. Worth the wait I guess. :)

Reactions: Rex
Thank u Rex Nd Dr bonkers. I have line 6 pod HD 500+. No expression pedal though. Indeed I will check knobs. As many outputs. It's available in Mumbai. I reside in Delhi. So m thinking of taking my guitar. Any specific power conditioner Dr bonkers. Can u PM me yr ph number. I can have a convo on ph. I have seen many videos on axe. Sometimes I notice a noise on high amp models. I don't want to get confused while checking the axe . as fractal say it have very little noise. May be axe is noise free. U guys are expert. I will give a link of a Cooper Carter video where I found noise before he plays. Is it common on high gain amps. Thanx a lot guys.. I will build my first guitar rif. And m too excited. And I don't want anything to spoil my excitement. Cheers guys. Thnx a lot. I waited for 3 years and now m finally getting it. Worth the wait I guess. :)
Hi there - I hope it all works out for you - you will love the AxeFX, no doubts about it.
It's just so versatile and all that you need is in one box.
The thing to remember though is that this box is a computer and probably the most expensive computer most folks will ever buy!
So if you have power problems in Delhi there's no question about it - GET A UPS and run the Axe from that.
That way your most precious equipment is running on clean power and you can shut it down safely from battery power if the mains power goes off completely.
I use a rack-mounted UPS to match the rest of my gear but any good UPS of any shape will do - a power conditioner will only take noise and "spikes" out of the AC supply but won't keep your computer safe. The UPS system is in three parts - a battery charger, the battery and a signal/power generator and it operates over a wide range.
I don't know what the mains voltage is in Delhi but if it's say 200 volts then it'll keep working if the voltage rises to 300 or dips down to 130 and your Axe won't see anything strange. Definitely worth considering my friend!

Back
Top Bottom