..TheAmpFactory Updated Info.

I wont add Presets in terms of AxeFX presets.. but I will be adding my own MixIR's and MixIR's with room enabled. - WAV files are in discussion currently.

Any chance of getting Scott Peterson involved so that we could also get _SP mixes? His work on the Ownhammer IR’s has been stellar! :)

Any chance of getting Scott Peterson involved so that we could also get _SP mixes? His work on the Ownhammer IR’s has been stellar! :)

The whole point is that you'll get The Amp Factory mixes. I think even Scott with all his talent and experience will have a hard time being able to replicate some of the stuff that Andy does. AFAIK, Scott takes existing IR's and mixes them to his liking. Andy will be able to do this when the IR's are being shot before they're converted to IR's. Or can some one edify me on this?

The whole point is that you'll get The Amp Factory mixes. I think even Scott with all his talent and experience will have a hard time being able to replicate some of the stuff that Andy does. AFAIK, Scott takes existing IR's and mixes them to his liking. Andy will be able to do this when the IR's are being shot before they're converted to IR's. Or can some one edify me on this?

Could well be my misunderstanding. From reading what Andy wrote I got the impression that the focus was about providing the individual mic IR’s and that he would provide some mixes as well. I very much prefer to have a professional sound engineer provide me we good quality mixes of each cab (there definitely enough to choose from anyway) and if that’s what we’ll be getting with this pack then I’m all in as it is!

Could well be my misunderstanding. From reading what Andy wrote I got the impression that the focus was about providing the individual mic IR’s and that he would provide some mixes as well. I very much prefer to have a professional sound engineer provide me we good quality mixes of each cab (there definitely enough to choose from anyway) and if that’s what we’ll be getting with this pack then I’m all in as it is!

Amen to that brother.

You know that people such as Clark, Scott, Yek, Fremen (sorry if I miss your name) and even myself will be sharing IR's recipes for Cab Lab. There's no secret sauce behind it. It's just a matter of listening to your recipe in the right context i.e: Live or recorded.

You know that people such as Clark, Scott, Yek, Fremen (sorry if I miss your name) and even myself will be sharing IR's recipes for Cab Lab. There's no secret sauce behind it. It's just a matter of listening to your recipe in the right context i.e: Live or recorded.

Well, it hasn’t really happened yet, except obviously for Scott’s that’s been included in the Ownhammer downloads. I even tried to kickstart this a while back (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...r-favourite-ir-mixes-cab-lab-screenshots.html) and I’ve seen one other thread (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/77972-share-your-cab-lab-recipes.html) with a handful of posts.

I think it’s just too hard given that the end result can’t easily be shared as they are based off purchased IR’s. My idea was to post screenshots, and in the other thread people wrote just the figures as text. I think possibly what would be needed is a share facility via the Ownhammer site, and with this with the Amp factory, or possibly through the Fractal shop for Cab Packs purchased there. It would need to be a place where the original owner could verify that I have purchased the rights to the original IRs and would therefore be entitled to download the mixes as well. But since this then would be pushed to the different IR vendors that sounds like it would be all to hard as well.

however, Im a Blues/classic rock guy.. and its brilliant for that loose style and blues riffs (low gain stuff)

I am looking forward to these. I like Ownhammer and Fractal's packs but your approach is much closer to what I'd do if I had the time and resources. I'd rather just purchase yours.

I'm looking forward to the TAF pack plus the ability for Cab Lab to work with UR. TO me they are sort of linked. :)

...soon as in sooner than nearly, but not as close as now, but it could be then, but when!?...

...when the cake is baked. you shall eat?

....To dangle the carrot requires the horse..

Ok i'll stop now.

"soon" almost very

Coolio! I'll take a nap and check back!:)

The pack is nearly ready. I have processed the data and the files are ready. Andy has given us permission to release 10 IRs free to the public. So we will be auditioning them over the next few days and will decide which 10 to release.

Please include some 1-12's!!! Thanks:eagerness:

This is AWESOME news! I'm jazzed to see if they give me something that my ears feel are an improvement in my tone prior to buying a pack.

Back
Top Bottom