The sound of cabs

I also can't hear verb in there. Perhaps rick0chet is right, did you try another guitar?
Perhaps you are more perceptive than most, certainly not a huge problem IMHO.

Even if the IR were long enough to capture early reflections you still would not hear it. Those reflections would be so low in comparison. It would be like sticking your head next to a diezel engine and claiming you could hear an ant fart.

So ants DO fart! I knew it!

One thing for sure, the clarity in v10 is amazing- it certainly brings out all of the guitar's nuance. If an ant were to crawl and take a shit on your strings, you'd hear it.

Okay, I played a chord that showcases the sound I hear. Get ready to be annoyed...but it is what it is. No gate all, no OD, just amp and cab.
Playing: Goofy cab.mp3 - picosong This is also after converting to a mp3 and uploading to this site.

With this clip, I can definitely hear what you are talking about now. I will agree with a few other people that it sounds like something rattling. Could you try making the same recording but with a different guitar?

Ok I was triyng to explain that you should mute your strings all the time, even when you strum. Find a place on the neck where the sound is fully muted without overtones/harmonics.
Anyway I couldn't here anything strange.
I don't know if this is imagination but I feel that fw10 except for being more amplike also is way more CABLIKE than before. I feel and hear way more thump and woody "cabliness" than before.
Maybe that is what you're reacting upon?

And I understood what you were asking me to do, but I felt it wouldn't have been noticeable if I did it anywhere other then where I did.
Not really sure about the cab part...maybe

YES! All I'm asking is if this is normal for some cabs to sound like that or maybe it's part of my problem. Thank you for catching that. :)

What your are hearing is comb filtering and/or deep notching.
It is normal for some cabs to sound that way, especially an off-axis or multi mic'd cab. Some people like that, others like a more direct sound.

What your are hearing is comb filtering and/or deep notching.
It is normal for some cabs to sound that way, especially an off-axis or multi mic'd cab. Some people like that, others like a more direct sound.

That's all I was wanting to know. THANK YOU SIR! :)

Back
Top Bottom