The sound of cabs

If you're hearing it with headphones plugged into the axe headphone jack and not connected to a computer in any way, I have no idea what you're hearing.

If it goes away, it's because you were monitoring a delayed signal. I can't hear any sort of reverb in your recordings.

If you're hearing it with headphones plugged into the axe headphone jack and not connected to a computer in any way, I have no idea what you're hearing.

If it goes away, it's because you were monitoring a delayed signal. I can't hear any sort of reverb in your recordings.

Well it doesn't go away, and it's really pronounced at the end of the first clip. I hear it, it's more like the "room reverb" ....

Also, it's very similar to the TM which "others" have issues with. If you can't hear, then you can't hear it. I have to deal with it, and this is what they are suppose to sound like. Which BTW, isn't really that bad (well some are) but I have plenty.

I do appreciate you trying to help though, and everyone else who tried.

Last edited:
I you would like us to hear anything reverb like do like this.
Mute/damp your strings with your fretting hand and strum hard and rapid once, and make a pause so that we can hear the noise after your attack. Do the same thing a couple of times in the same clip.

Yeah man. I will second what others have been saying and say that what you are experiencing is a noise gate problem. What are your noise gate settings?

Well it doesn't go away, and it's really pronounced at the end of the first clip. I hear it, it's more like the "room reverb" ....
If you hear it, and it doesn't show up in the recording, then the reverb is coming from something outside of your recording chain.

Yeah man. I will second what others have been saying and say that what you are experiencing is a noise gate problem. What are your noise gate settings?

The thing with the noise gate is that this is a rhythm patch that uses a OD and gain a little over 3. Not thinking when I recorded the clip, I turned off the OD, and turned the gain down to around 2, which of course would make it cut out the way it does.

Mute/damp your strings with your fretting hand and strum hard and rapid once, and make a pause so that we can hear the noise after your attack. Do the same thing a couple of times in the same clip.

+1

If you hear it, and it doesn't show up in the recording, then the reverb is coming from something outside of your recording chain.

I'm pretty bad about describing sounds. I called the TM problem reverb too.... :roll
I think it's more like a tunnel kind of sound on the higher notes. I'm thinking about going back to fw9 just to see if it truly did sound different or what.
Thinking about it right now, both problems sound similar so I'm really wondering IF the issue with TM isn't causing this problem.

Okay, I played a chord that showcases the sound I hear. Get ready to be annoyed...but it is what it is. No gate all, no OD, just amp and cab.
Playing: Goofy cab.mp3 - picosong This is also after converting to a mp3 and uploading to this site.

Nothing to hear here my friend EXCEPT for that high pitched annoying sound.........as dry as ......*****.......:)

Have you tried another guitar to get rid of that high pitched sound ?

Good luck,
A+

Ok I was triyng to explain that you should mute your strings all the time, even when you strum. Find a place on the neck where the sound is fully muted without overtones/harmonics.
Anyway I couldn't here anything strange.
I don't know if this is imagination but I feel that fw10 except for being more amplike also is way more CABLIKE than before. I feel and hear way more thump and woody "cabliness" than before.
Maybe that is what you're reacting upon?

Sounds like overhanging harmonics from your strings up near the string trees or possibly a tremolo spring...... Gotta say the first clip you posted sounds amazing to my ears! What is your guitar/pups/amp/cab set up?

Even if the IR were long enough to capture early reflections you still would not hear it. Those reflections would be so low in comparison. It would be like sticking your head next to a diezel engine and claiming you could hear an ant fart.

Nice quote. Will remember this one!

Back
Top Bottom