Mikko's law

The conventional technique goes like this:
1. Point the mic at the speaker
2. Listen
3. Go "ugh, that sounds like crap"
4. Send your lackey back into the live room
5. Move the mic an inch to the right
6. GOTO 2

The obot moves the mic remotely. You sit in the control room and move the mic with your iPad. When you find a good spot, shoot an IR. Better quality IRs in less time.

2. Listen
6. GOTO 2

The obot moves the mic remotely. You sit in the control room and move the mic with your iPad. When you find a good spot, shoot an IR. Better quality IRs in less time.

My version of that setup is to have Mrs Bonkers move the mic for me. Surprisingly she digs helping me like this.

2. Listen
6. GOTO 2

Very cool.

Here they are:

Attachments

• 1x12 IIC+ M160 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 1x12 IIC+ M160 C_AX8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 1x12 IIC+ M160 C_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 1x12 IIC+ M160 C_XLPlus.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 4x12 AX GB 121 C.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 4x12 AX GB 121 C_AX8.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 4x12 AX GB 121 C_XL.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 4x12 AX GB 121 C_XLPlus.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 48
2. Listen
6. GOTO 2

Move mic during capture to create interesting "mix" of placements?

The IIC+'s IR is fantastic!!! With this IR the IIC+ model is truly on a new level. The model now sounds very good also without the amp's GEQ but simply tweaking the tone stack, and the difference between Brt, Deep, Nrml, Brt/Deep is more pronounced and defined!! In other words, with this IR the model has completely changed behaviour! That's the demonstration that a single IR can make a great difference in what you'll hear and in what you can espect from a model. Really really a great work! Thank you!

Ok, 3rd in a row.....
I've been thinking 'outside the box', how about a new ObotIR format that is essentially a bundle of say 10 ir's. Couple this with ObotCab block that replaces the cab block. Load in the bundle, then midi up an down to move through to find your perfect sound. Save which you like to scratch pad then load into a cab block.
Just an idea :)
Great F-ing idea!!!!

Back
Top Bottom