The "ML Secret" finally revealed

The Citrus Angle cabs sound awesome.
Looks like I'll be buying another pack very soon.

It's nice to see that you guys are also excited about these new Cab Packs!

Just look at this folder with Misha's mixes:

awesomeness.png

And I've got to tell you. Last time we did quantity over quality with the Misha mixes folder. This time we did quality over quantity and still ended up with more IRs. Notice that there are "Blend" IRs in those mixes which means that Misha mixed both the "Citrus" and "Angle" cabs together to create awesome out of this world tones. :) I can't wait for you guys to try these out.

The snarl one I'd be immediately drawn to based on its name haha. That word is one in my head I think of when I go for an aggressive tone I like, along with bite and growl.

p.s. I'm also really happy Misha has caught the IR bug.

In the Class A clip, will what's playing at 50 seconds be one of the bundled presets and if so mind sharing the name of that one?

Thanks

"D-jent (the D is silent)" MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH :lol

Maybe am I your worst incubus???

ok... now put the jokes a part... and SPIT OUT this f***ing awesome cab packs!!!! :lol

Mikko

I really didn't want to like this cab pack, I must admit... but I gave it a try and it is extremely versatile and one of the BEST cab packs I've purchased. Good job!

In the Class A clip, will what's playing at 50 seconds be one of the bundled presets and if so mind sharing the name of that one?

Thanks

That is actually the same exact preset from 0:34-1:05. That's how incredibly dynamic the Class-A sound is. I didn't even touch the volume knob the only difference is how hard I pick my guitar. I believe that preset is called something like "ML Class-A Grit SC" and sure all those tones you hear are featured in the pack. :)

So I've been quite secretive about what I'm working on for obvious reasons. Today the secret is out.

The next Cab Packs that are coming out are:

1) ML Class-A which are hands down some of the most authentic Class-A IRs. Being a huge Incubus fan motivated me go a bit crazy with this amp but that's only a good thing I suppose. :) I actually ended up experimenting a lot with the capture method as I quickly noticed it was essential that the speakers were driven with the particular 1964 Class-A amp I was using. I did A/B testing with the real amp vs Axe-Fx with these IRs and the sound IS THERE! The pack will come with my Class-A Preset-Cab bundles that recreate the real 1964 Class-A sound that I got with the real amp. Take a listen to this clip going through the presets. Lush, glassy, rich, sparkly, djangly, not djenty, pristine.. and most imporantly as authentic as it can possibly be.

2) ML Bulb Angle Citrus. (based on an ENGL 4x12 Pro and Orange PPC412) That's right! D-d-d-d-djent! (the D is silent) But just to be clear my original plan was to release an Angle pack and Citrus pack separately just like I've done before with Cab Packs 7, 8, 9, 12 etc. but Misha contacted me that he wants to create another pack with me. My answer to that was something like: "Hells yesses!". [emoji38] Also we realized that most of you guys will be interested in both of these packs so rather than having them as separate Cab Packs it would be better for everyone if we combine them to one amazing Cab Pack and this way we can lower the price so it's more cost effective. This way everybody wins! :)

We quickly realized that the first Periphery album used the Metal 4x12 IR from the GEN1 days which is an "Angle" 4x12 IR. This actual cab sounds a bit similar to Cab Pack 7 but even angrier and less phasy. A really mean sounding cab for sure! All you djent fans probably know that Misha was using a "Citrus" 4x12 right before starting to use Axe-Fx for all his live duties. It was a no brainer choice. We wanted to up the ante after Cab Pack 13. It needed to be bigger and better. And Cab Pack 13 seems to be one of the best Cab Packs out there so that's quite a huge task. In the end we both knew that we succeeded since Misha told me he felt like he wanted to reamp the new Haunted Shores EP with this new Cab Pack but I guess the EP was in mastering at that point... luckily it was using Cab Pack 13 for the most part so I'm equally happy. ;)

Here's a quick clip I put together using the "Citrus" first and "Angle" second. It was so effortless to get a massive tone it's insane. This is literally the HBE amp sim with everything on noon and no post processing:

One thing me and Misha wanted to get across is that even though Misha is automatically connected to djent there is no such thing as "a djent IR". There are good and bad IRs. These IRs are not genre specific. Just like everyone who got Cab Pack 13 can now verify that it's definitely not a one trick pony. It's one of the best Cab Packs regardless of the genre. I shot a video to demonstrate this with Cab Pack 13:

3) This is the biggest secret I've been keeping. This is the biggest Cab Pack I've ever made and I've been working on this since February and it's finally coming together. There was some hype in here about that "The Tone" clip that I posted at one point. It's this pack I was talking about. I'm going let you guys speculate a bit what it's all about before revealing the "ML Secret". :D

Take a listen to these Preset-Cab Bundles that are a part of the pack:

Wow this is awesome man !, I have so many one note guitar solo section in our upcoming album, I think I found right IRs for that [emoji6], bud what about Zilla 2x12 fat boy ?, I saw a video of periphery rig they're using them, they're in the new Cab-Pack ?

Sent from Hyper Planet

That is actually the same exact preset from 0:34-1:05. That's how incredibly dynamic the Class-A sound is. I didn't even touch the volume knob the only difference is how hard I pick my guitar. I believe that preset is called something like "ML Class-A Grit SC" and sure all those tones you hear are featured in the pack. :)

Wow! Well can't wait to try for myself, expanding my horizons here!

What caught my ear was it sounded like the Pixies so had to find a rig run down and sure enough using a couple AC30 heads. I can honestly say spun past every Class A type preset just because had no point of reference so you have me entering uncharted territory here!

Wow! Well can't wait to try for myself, expanding my horizons here!

What caught my ear was it sounded like the Pixies so had to find a rig run down and sure enough using a couple AC30 heads. I can honestly say spun past every Class A type preset just because had no point of reference so you have me entering uncharted territory here!

That's awesome man! :) This is what I hope to achieve.

So I've been quite secretive about what I'm working on for obvious reasons. Today the secret is out.

3) This is the biggest secret I've been keeping. This is the biggest Cab Pack I've ever made and I've been working on this since February and it's finally coming together. There was some hype in here about that "The Tone" clip that I posted at one point. It's this pack I was talking about. I'm going let you guys speculate a bit what it's all about before revealing the "ML Secret". :D

Take a listen to these Preset-Cab Bundles that are a part of the pack:

Wow!! I Love those clip!! I need these Bundles absolutely ;) At 1:20 Anna Molly's tone is there and it's awesome!! :eek:

Had another listen. Now I know I _NEED_ that Class A pack. :miserable:

I must admit I didn't ever use the Class-A amp sims before creating these IRs. Obviously it also has something to do with getting to know the real amp and its strengths while shooting the IRs but I don't think it's an amp that's easily accessible to most people. Talking about those real vintage amps. The price range is so high at that point that you might easily start to look at something bigger than a 2x12 combo but the truth is that this thing was louder than a 100W amp driving a 4x12 cab. :)

Back
Top Bottom