The humble spring reverb...

I usually start with a medium spring, unless I amp going for a really dense reverb, then I use the large spring. I dial in the time and size, then mix to taste. If I want just a touch of reverb then I run the mix around 10 - 12. If I want more reverb, then I run the mix around 15. Heavy reverb for me is 20. I suggest you turn the time knob all the way up, then all the way down and listen to how that affects the sound. Then do the same with the time knob (full up then fully down). Once you hear what the knobs are doing to the sound, you can better dial in what you want.

Thanks for your reply.
It's more tone wise that I can't seem to replicate the 6g15 outboard reverb.

Thanks for your reply.
It's more tone wise that I can't seem to replicate the 6g15 outboard reverb.

The old outboard reverb units add some "drive" or slight push and compression, so they alter the tone going into the amp along with the verb. Kind of like an echoplex, although I don't think either sound the same per say.

"
The old outboard reverb units add some "drive" or slight push and compression, so they alter the tone going into the amp along with the verb. Kind of like an echoplex, although I don't think either sound the same per say.
"
thanks, I know this, but I just can't seem to replicate that.

Add a drive and a compressor block in front of the reverb block? Try tape drive. It's subtle. Might not even need the compressor block with tape drive.

"
"

Have you tried the

SPRING DRIVE – This simulates overdriving the circuit of the reverb when the TYPE is set to “SPRING.”

parameter in the reverb block?

Have you tried the

SPRING DRIVE – This simulates overdriving the circuit of the reverb when the TYPE is set to “SPRING.”

parameter in the reverb block?
yes I did.
I think it is more of a eq thing.
There is more bass and low mids present in the spring reverb block than in the 6G15.
But even when I dial out al of the bass and low mids, the sound isn't just the same.

"
"

I hear you.. I'm not good at completely replicating my analog gear with the Axe typically.. I just shoot for close or use the analog gear itself, espeically when it comes to fuzz or pedals that have a certain EQ signature that I can't quite nail.

"
"
I've noticed with my vintage fender 65 pro reverb, that the louder I play the reverb becomes exponentially more prominent and I had a hard time getting this behavior in my axe-fx 2 xl+, I ended up linking the envelope controller to the INPUT GAIN knob on the spring reverb's output section. The louder I play the more reverb is heard in the mix and when i let off the amount in the mix drops. I also had a VERY hard time getting the same EQ as my real amp going on. My amp has this sort of sizzle kind of tonality to the reverb when the amp is overdriven hard (volume knob up around 8-10 etc) that I have not been able to achieve on the fractal even with adjusting the spring EQ. Not sure if it's possible. I have no idea what causes it in the analog world, i've heard it on other fenders as well. Either way this envelope linking to the input gain helps to replicate some of the dynamic behavior I've witnessed with my particular fender. Hopefully it can help. I know this is a really old post but I figure if someone else finds it it may help them as well.

you'll notice the overall mix is super low (8%), adjust how you like

Attachments

• spring rev1.PNG
    spring rev1.PNG
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • spring rev.PNG
    spring rev.PNG
    170.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom