Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 20+

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

themaidenmaniac

Experienced
Inspired by Tremonti's recent thread, I thought it would be funny to see how many Axe Fx have been sold to your friends and acquaintances via word of mouth etc. You know, the usual situation where you get your new gear, your mates come around and they cant believe it! The next thing you know they've got one in their shopping cart.

I've personally sold 2 & counting so far :mrgreen

(P.S I haven't seen this done before, but shoot me if it has!)

My first guitar was a Crown sold it to a buddy when I was 13, 2nd one was an Electra MPC Les Paul copy. Sold it when i was 21. Never sold another.

Oops you meant AXFX

Last edited:
I haven't "sold" any, but I know at least 4 guys that have played mine and are currently saving up for them. I've made believers out of at least 10 others.

I'll claim three - there are three studios in Sydney that have purchased an Axe after they borrowed mine first.

One picked up a used Ultra, and the other two got new AFX2s. In each case I only lent then my Standard (which I still haven't sold).

Forum member vaxed mentioned the Axe-FX to me about three years ago...

A while later, I saw a YouTube clip and within a day, had one on order!

vaxed has now moved on to a II and I dunno how many Ultras /IIs have been sold around the world, but there's two within a quarter mile here in a tiny village in Devon!

If I can convince our other guitarist to shell out for my Ultra, I might just cave on a II...
evil.gif

Only had it a relatively short while but it's had lots of attention from anyone remotely musical that's seen it. Interesting that Fractal still is nowhere near a 'household name' in musical circles so a lot of players still have no idea what an Axe-FX is.

Only had it a relatively short while but it's had lots of attention from anyone remotely musical that's seen it. Interesting that Fractal still is nowhere near a 'household name' in musical circles so a lot of players still have no idea what an Axe-FX is.

Very True! Whereabouts are you in Bristol Jang?

I convinced a friend to sell his black diamond plate Mesa Dual Rec S/N 892 and his Recto cab to get an Ultra. He was bidding on it on eBay. He was going to place his bid with 5 seconds left. He forgot about the confirm bid page and missed out. He was soon forced to pay some bills with the cash. Now he has nothing for gear but his GT-10.

I've convinced MANY others it is the best. They just don't have the $$$$.

Back
Top Bottom