The Extremist - Joe Satriani (cover)

Hey guys, just uploaded a new video on my new YouTube channel!
This time I went for one of my all time favourites: The Extremist!
Let me know what you think!!
And before you insult me for the cheesy video effects, I had to do it in order to remove some noise caused by low-light conditions :lol

Nice job :D The video effects weren't bad ,couldn't even be a smart arse about em :D

Excellent! Don't know the original very well, but this one sounded really solid. And you're not breaking a sweat, so congrats on the technique!

Wow, thanks guys!

Nice job :D The video effects weren't bad ,couldn't even be a smart arse about em :D
Hahaha I bet someone sooner or later will make some rude comment about those video effects :lol
But thanks!
Excellent! Don't know the original very well, but this one sounded really solid. And you're not breaking a sweat, so congrats on the technique!
Thanks!
This is a really cool song, it's not a hard one, but it's super fun!

I don't know whether I'm more impressed by your playing or how clean your room is! :).

I always thought all musicians were pigs like me. That's why I don't post videos. My place is full of turtle dung, vodka bottles and other food related mossy growths of some sort...I'm exaggerating just a smidge, but you keep your place looking like a lawyers office. Lol...nice job.

Amazing. All the way.
If only one day I get to the point where I could say " This song isn't hard".
But working on it :)

Thats-a-nice.... Also very cool how the light played off your frets/fretboard about 3/4's of they way thur. Dont think it was intentional, but check it out.
(Light goes off over my head) It would be cool to do a vid where the fret board lit up where the players fingers touched, "you know like a dot" then trailed off, and maybe diff colors for diff strings. If it hasnt already been done..........

No harmonica?? :p

I dug it! That is the first album I ever bought with my own money and the reason I play guitar today, so it holds a special place in my heart. Way to do it justice :)

And the effects work for this song because it kinda gives the video the same vibe as the album cover!

Thank you everyone for all your positive comments!!

I don't know whether I'm more impressed by your playing or how clean your room is! :).

I always thought all musicians were pigs like me. That's why I don't post videos. My place is full of turtle dung, vodka bottles and other food related mossy growths of some sort...I'm exaggerating just a smidge, but you keep your place looking like a lawyers office. Lol...nice job.

Hahaha, funny you should say that actually.
I shot this video at my parents' home in Italy, I was coming back to London the day after so I had already packed.
That room was literally empty apart from what you can see there :lol
I'm not that tidy in my own bedroom, even though I do like a tidy studio, but that's also because I have people coming over to record so I think it's worth putting in the extra effort of keeping the room tidy. I have all the other rooms where I can be a pig :mrgreen

Thats-a-nice.... Also very cool how the light played off your frets/fretboard about 3/4's of they way thur. Dont think it was intentional, but check it out.
(Light goes off over my head) It would be cool to do a vid where the fret board lit up where the players fingers touched, "you know like a dot" then trailed off, and maybe diff colors for diff strings. If it hasnt already been done..........

That light thing is actually one of the effects available in final cut pro x, it kinda makes everything shiny or bright glow even brighter.
It's pretty cool on the frets, I agree :)
No harmonica?? :p

I dug it! That is the first album I ever bought with my own money and the reason I play guitar today, so it holds a special place in my heart. Way to do it justice :)

And the effects work for this song because it kinda gives the video the same vibe as the album cover!

:lol sorry dude, I'll have someone hold up the harmonica for me next time :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom