The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I'm in no way legal minded or trained, but it could be an interesting legal argument given that the EU's Consumer Rights are a lot more strict it seems than the US's.

G66 as official European representitives of FAS could find themselve's legally obliged to honour the warranty on a legally imported/duty paid item if proper documentation can be produced?

So this goes beyond Fractal to the Suppliers which is where the problem is. Nothing we or Cliff can do until they pick up their end.

At the risk of seeming hypocritical, I think that we all need to step away from this thread an get back to the music. We al could get bogged down in a big row about how people may believe that FAS are feeding their home market before the rest of the world. Let us not do that, please.

Electronpirate is right, and I thank him/her, when he/she says "Certain posts are pushing it.".

The USA is a young nation, a nation that is growing, and is under considerable economic worries. In other words, give them a break.

Another point I would like to make is please do not make comments to the effect of "The US is only serving themselves, just like they did in WWII by standing on the sidelines until the Japanese forced them into taking sides". This forum is about MUSIC and CREATIVITY.

Are we all forgetting about the great work Cliff has done for us guitarists, and music lovers?

This thread is ace! I just love reading how this shit is still going on after all this time. I take my hat off to all that are still on the G66 list, you've got more patience than I had.

Good luck guys I think you're going to need it.

We are just volunteers trying to keep the forum civil and informative. We do this for the community, because we care. We are not Fractal employees.

Oh Scott did'nt you get your AXE2 for free?

Cliff says they are suppliers who are late, it changes suppliers :mrgreen

the problemm is that there are people waiting since 2010 in G.66 and in others official representitives he and sell them to people who are on the waiting list in May 2011
you find it normal ? :shock

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Certain posts are pushing it. I understand frustration, but please keep it civil.

Ron

The behaviour of FAS is pushing it. Also please note, that these posts wouldn't be here if FAS would supply the EU with the same level of units as it does the US, hence your job would be easier.

I do sympathise with your job, and yes, all posts must be civil.

I dont believe so. He may have been a Beta tester - but his AFX was paid for. ~He just got preferential treatment in the "supply" which Im happy with given his input.

I think contributors (moderators, axe edit, axe wiki, ...) were served first but paid for the Axe (probably got a discount as well).

And yet another AXE II in the lounge for sale ( for more than the asking price for a new unit too ! ).
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/sale/40833-fs-axe-fx-ii-international-shipping.html $3050 !!! That's nearly as much as the EU models cost ! ( $3,265.69 ). I can understand people selling them on ebay for this price, but selling them on this forum for such a markup when they apparently had no trouble getting one in the 1st place highlights the core of this thread once again.
Shortage of parts aside there were still units for sale in the store and have been for days. Couldnt at least those units be used to clear the EU waiting list since it's a fair way behind and even if just the 4 - 6 units that still equals a " large shipment " in the G66 world in fact 4-6 units I'm guessing would actually clear the 2010 backlog and bring the G66 list into 2011 ( and still some 9 months behind the rest of the orders ! ).
So how about it ? :)

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong since it's beyond my knowledge,but wouldn't be better if there was an online fractal shop which would distribute globally with the same price as the g66 for example for the overseas customers BUT having an authorized support/service branch/branches in europe?That would lead in one waiting list and everyone getting fairly queued ..

that wouldnt work. Whats in it for the repair chain?

Either way G66 are actually very good. They put silent fans into Gen 1 units that Fractal didnt offer, the give 2 year warente where as Fractals are 1 year. when Gen 1 prices went up in the States G66 didnt raise their prices. Th only increases I could see came from $/Euro exchange rate changes which they had no control over.e

Im perfectly happy with G66 (their after sales support is second to none), and with support form Fractal. Im happy with the search for perfection, free and constant Firmware updates, new amp models, fast bug fix's etc etc etc. The only frustraiting thing is that with ANY new product There seems to be not enough units, as a % of demand, going outside the US until demand has pretty much been satrisfied. it was the same with the Standard, the Ultra, the Atomic FRFRs, the AFX2 - and seemingly the Atomic 50/50 as well (only as I dont see many in the EU yet - but plenty seem to be being used in the states).

I was one of the unlucky few who didnt get chocs with my Standard :( . Maybe the chocs were for Ultra orders only at that time.

Back
Top Bottom