The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Yes, it's much worse than I anticipated and for some it goes up and down (for me too).
No fun if you're not playing it all the time.
If you do, you quickly don't even hear it anymore, even between presets.
The sound is so awesome that I'm willing to pay this price for now. Might try a mod after garantee period or if I can't handle it anymore :mrgreen
I believe this fan is smaller, so by nature it is louder. Some people are doing replacements (search for fan threads) but beware of actual air that is moved (not advertised amount).

Last edited:
Yes, it's much worse than I anticipated and for some it goes up and down (for me too).
No fun if you're not playing it all the time.
If you do, you quickly don't even hear it anymore, even between presets.
The sound is so awesome that I'm willing to pay this price for now. Might try a mod after garantee period or if I can't handle it anymore :mrgreen

This is not good at all. Are there any modifications circulating? A fan with larger diameter and less RPM perhaps?

As I said, do a search :p
AFAIK, the mod you're naming is being done, but is a slight(?) risk because it is blowing air less hard(?) and that would also be an important factor.

ill let you know tomorrow how my 2 is. i know G66 have been experimenting with various replacement options - and when they have on will fit as standard to all EU orders.

Man, that fan is loud and annoying if you're not playing...!! Even from meters away. Might record it tomorrow, possibly from the other side of the street ;) Not *that* exaggerated sadly...
USB won't connect to AE either. More reading to do...

I don't know about the replacement fan G66 ships, but my II also had the varying-speed fan problem. It was very annoying. I'd bought mine from Fractal, and they shipped me a replacement. After replacing the fan, there is no more surging. Now it's easy to ignore the sound.

It seems G66 is sending me a Noiseblocker XR2 fan, i hope it will do the job !

Interesting. Is that standard procedure or do you have to moan about the fan first? :)

I got my Axe II on jan 5th, and while there's no varying sound or pitch, it's quite loud and rubs on my nerves unless I'm playing guitar or music in the background.
If that's the only way, ok, the Axe is worth that, but a lower noise fan would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Interesting. Is that standard procedure or do you have to moan about the fan first? :)

I got my Axe II on jan 5th, and while there's varying sound or pitch, it's quite loud and rubs on my nerves unless I'm playing guitar or music in the background.
If that's the only way, ok, the Axe is worth that, but a lower noise fan would be appreciated.

I don't know : i just mailed Sussi from G66 when i received my AFX2 complaining about the fan noise and she proposed to send me a replacement one !

Ah, I meant that there's no varying sound or pitch (edited my post above accordingly). But it's loud. Not only compared to my old Ultra, but by itself.

Hm, I'm curious what all the other veterans think about the fan noise and if they're tell G66 about it. So, guys?

Guys, there are plenty of threads dealing with fan noise. Can we please keep this thread 'clean' for those of us still waiting for delivery of our Axe II's from G66.

Hell yeah! Just received the mail of redemption. Axe II goodness arriving at my doorstep in a week or two!
FYI I ordered on the 15th of May.

Back
Top Bottom