The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

I just got the same. Im like a kid at christmas :)

Need a big stocking for my Axe Fx 2 and MFC but my good lady says shes gonna sort me out......HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Payment taken today :) - don't know why I'm celebrating parting with such a vast amount of money but I'm pretty damn excited now

Hope the snow doesn't delay it at all :-/

With firmware 5.01 and a quieter fan :) can't ask for anymore :D

@ Japster, did you ask G66 to fit the quieter fan (noiseblocker XR2?) or are they fitting them as standard now?
@ everyone, has anyone been given any insight as to the size / date of the next shipment?

Cheers Gary.

Hi Connor66,

No I did not ask G66 to fit a quieter fan, they seem to be doing it as standard, I suppose it saves them heaps of money in returned units should one have a dodgy fan from FAS. Not sure what model fan it is.

I specifically asked to replace the fan of the unit I am about to get the week prior to sending out the box. Got a prompt answer from Jacques, telling me:
- they will replace my fan prior to shipping
- replacing the fan with a quiter version seams to be their new standard procedure
- they have checked out different fans available on the market. Results did not convince them
- now they will throw in a custom version of a fan (did not mention brand name) that should deliver excellent results

As I am still waiting for my Axe to be shipped, I can't tell you about the actual noise of the fan. Considering Jacques attention to details plus his high quality standards, I would expect nothing but stellar results.

"A G66 parcel has just been carefully prepared for you and is now ready for delivery" - w00t!

As for the fan - here's a reply I got from Sussi when I asked for a quieter fan than standard:

"Regarding the fan, Fractal Audio is now starting to use a fan which is more silent. You still hear it because a complete silent fan wouldn’t blow enough air for the two processors."

Dear G66 customer,

A G66 parcel has just been carefully prepared for you and is now ready for delivery: :D

Sweet, sweet ,sweet

Funny: Sussy and Jacques give slightly different feedback regarding the fan replacement. Here is the original info I received from Jaques just the other day:

"...Zum viel (und zu Recht) kritisierten lauten Lüfter: Nach einem langen Hin- und Her und Tests mit Lüfter-Prototypen extra für uns gemacht (die aber alle zu laut waren), haben wir erst vor wenigen Tagen eine Lösung gefunden, die erstaunlich leise ist und allen unseren extremem Test-Temperaturmessungen souverän standgehalten hat. Einen solchen Flüsterlüfter bauen wir Dir ins Gerät..."

In english, that is something like:
Regarding the much criticized fan: After a lot of bitching with prototype fans that have been custom made for us (all of them being too loud), we found a solution just a few days ago: It is surprisingly silent and meets all our requirements even under extreme heat conditions. We will replace the original fan by such a "whisper" fan".

Oh well - we will see...

I got a mail friday the 22:th from Susi who said that my Axe is on its way and needed a confirmation mail back that I still wanted it. I sent back an answer but have not heard anything since then. Anyone else with a similar experience?

I got a mail friday the 22:th from Susi who said that my Axe is on its way and needed a confirmation mail back that I still wanted it. I sent back an answer but have not heard anything since then. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Not here. Sussi got back to me the day after I replied. I'd try contacting them again. Maybe just call?

They have updated the site with new info:

AXE-FX II Shipping Update: Next shipment expected to be ready around February 13th.

Has anyone heard anything on how big this shipment could be? maybe from Sussi or jacques

They have updated the site with new info:

AXE-FX II Shipping Update: Next shipment expected to be ready around February 13th.

Has anyone heard anything on how big this shipment could be? maybe from Sussi or jacques

I'm crossing fingers, toes, you name it - I'll cross it, about my unit being on this shippment.

I've ordered 06/30-11.

Anyone else's delivery stuck in Lehrte in Germany ? Mine's been there since 9pm 30th Jan
Yep mine is stuck there also, been there since around 22:30 on 30th. Was hoping to get it today, but that won't happen now as in in UK.
Fingers crossed for tommoz.

Last edited:
Got my "A G66 parcel has just been carefully prepared for you and is now ready for delivery" mail from Sussi yesterday, 15:45 hours. Tracked the delivery status as follows:

01/31/2012 16:42 Flensburg (DE) Pick-up

01/31/2012 22:20 Lehrte (DE) Consolidation

02/01/2012 05:40 Berlin-Hohenschönhausen (DE) Inbound

02/01/2012 06:27 Berlin-Hohenschönhausen (DE) Out for delivery

So nothing wrong with Lehrte from my point of view. Even better: Mine is out for delivery!!! Woooohoooo!!! Should be here within the next few hours. Considering to take a day off because I won`t be able to focus on my work with that box sitting on my desk...

Finally! I've been dreaming of this day for more than 3 years...

Back
Top Bottom