The End of my Quest ..... For FR/FR

Hey steadystate... true, the 12CX on it's own tops out around 4.6k but that does not factor in the tweeter that is screwed into the back of the 12CX, which brings the response of the tandem of the 12CX and the ASD1001 to 20k, thus making the paring FRFR indeed. :)

There is definitely a tweeter in the mix... if a tweeter weren't there you'd end up with a ported cab where the port is a 1" hole in the middle of the 12" driver... not optimum at all. :)

@MicFarlow could you give us more details about the cab fafakiwi is talking about?

I've been using a pair of XiTones for about 2 years now. Ended my quest for proper speakers! Plenty of power, lightweight, and great sound!

I need to follow up with Mick again. We had chatted about possibly building a cab tuned specifically for bass guitar.

Yes you do! :) Hit my inbox and we can discuss it again.. I'd really like to get something special done up for you!

A buddy of mine ordered Two Xitone active 1x12 wedges on my recommendation in early June. With the new amp in them but I haven't heard a peep out of him since to ask how they sound. Im guessing he is lost in the IR rabbit hole and hasn't come up for air yet LOL.

Yes Tom, me thinks he is so deep into that rabbit hole that he indeed has not come up for air! He did send me a note telling me he really like them though so he came up for air at least once! :)

I think the website needs updating as it shows very little.

You could not be more right Andy! I am dead in the middle of a complete redesign of the site. Hopefully it will go live in the next 4-5 weeks or so.

@MicFarlow could you give us more details about the cab fafakiwi is talking about?

In essence, it is a standard wedge with a different power plant.

An existing customer pointed the Dayton amp out to me so I got one in to test with. The Matrix amps are great amps but they are only single input where the Dayton is 2 input and also has the Bluetooth functionality.

If you'd like to know something more specific, please ask and I'll be glad to answer.

Thanks,

Mick

the Dayton is 2 input and also has the Bluetooth functionality.

I am curious what the Bluetooth functionality does in an power amp...?
2nd input makes it even more interesting for me.

the Dayton is 2 input and also has the Bluetooth functionality.

I am curious what the Bluetooth functionality does in an power amp...?
2nd input makes it even more interesting for me.

Hey gitfruit!

The Bluetooth allows you to pair any Bluetooth equipped device to the amp to enable audio over Bluetooth. It works really well and sounds good too... I can't tell a difference between a cable and Bluetooth.

Thanks,

Mick

Is this Dayton amp a 2x50w that you have to build yourself? They are advertised as an audio amp.... They don't come accross as serious pro stuff just kind of radio shack/maplins quality?

Is this Dayton amp a 2x50w that you have to build yourself? They are advertised as an audio amp.... They don't come accross as serious pro stuff just kind of radio shack/maplins quality?

Like Nathan said, the Dayton amp is a full on 800w plate amp... 600w to the woofer and 200w to the tweeter.

Dayton is an OEM/Distributor.. meaning they distribute products they don't build (Eminence, Celestion, Penn Elcom) and that they design products that they then sell under their own name, i.e. Dayton.

Like Radio Shack and Maplin, they do carry some cheaper stuff for sure as not everyone will want to go full on audiophile, nor will they have the budget that would allow it but I can assure you, this plate amp is not a lower shelf deal and they stand behind it with a 5 year warranty.

I stand behind my enclosures with a life time warranty.

Eminence stands behind their stuff for 7 years

Celestion for 5 years.

Just pulled the trIgger on my MBritt !! (Might be putting up a couple older Xitones and CLR up for sale soon..watch this space....:cool:)....Mick inferred that they are selling out fast....

Just pulled the trIgger on my MBritt !! (Might be putting up a couple older Xitones and CLR up for sale soon..watch this space....:cool:)....Mick inferred that they are selling out fast....

If you like open back cabs, you're going to love the MBritt.
I had a chance to try out, they're really really nice.

I can't afford a xitone cab. I would have to have someone make me a cab based on plans and buy my own speaker set. I have heard mic is using the 2002 tweeter now. Anyone know if there is a current thread on this? I didn't want to necro post

I might just get the speakers and a more affordable power amp.

Back
Top Bottom