The End of my Quest ..... For FR/FR

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi everyone ,
a few months ago i ve posted a thread as i intended to change my YAMAHA s H8S for better FR/FR so i ve asked everyone who would answer to tell me about their choice and why , to have ideas on few products .
I had many answers and thanks again , it was very useful , interessting.
So i ve spent many ,many.....hours a day during the last months , searching on the net ,reading answers , discussing with some of you ...thinking , hesitating ....
i ve learned and made my own products selection :
Matrix FR12 or FR10 , Atomic CLR ,RCF, XiTones Cabs and recently AccuGroove......
no possibility of testing so just my judgment and my feelings , i ve changed my ideas many times.......
So i was hesitating between Atomic CLR and XiTones Cabs.
And i Wrote Mick at XiTones .....We have discussed many times , because of money problem i thought that this could not have been possible .
Mick is very kind , a perfect man.......
no needs for him to help me ,to solve my problrm, to deal with all my considerations as he has long list of customers waiting for him to create their cabs.
But he has given me the possibility to have two of his new product ....Class D amp , Bluetooth....
write him for more details !!!!!!
He has made many efforts , done his best and put me close in his waiting list ......Always answered me to the many mails sent to him , sent me photos ....everiything i ve asked him for.
This aim of this thread is not to make advertise for XiTone and Mick s cab but he has done a lot for me so why sould not say , write it !!!!!!
I m writing this because his cabs sound AMAZING ......his words were that i would be in the Heaven of the guitarist and believe me ....I AM.
Today i ve played my Axe with my two XiTones Cabs during all the afternoon, I m a HUGE HUGE U2 fan ,
i ll be in Heaven at the Stade De France tommorrow as i ll be there ...in the crowd for a fantastic moment ,
as i was in heaven playing all my favourite U2 s stuff today with Edo s U2 presets Pack, song by song ,
he is also a master .....what a sound through the Axe and the Cabs , totally perfect , as well as Moke , my Axemaster preset s , i use their sounds during hours and hours , days and days , persons who are passionate and share their passion , their talent .....
" I ve Totally Found What I m Looking For ....." as Bono would say..........
So if you re searching for perfect cabs go for XiTone , searching for perfect presets go for Moke s Presets ,
Fremen s presets Hi Thibault !!!!!
if you re a U2 fan , go for Edo s packs totally amazing ....never thought possible to sound like The Edge even if i have not his hand and his talent ......
All this is just my own opinion , my own experience ......
Fafa

Which Xitone cab are you using? The 1x12 or the 2x12?
Looked on the site and there seems to be only those available.

Which Xitone cab are you using? The 1x12 or the 2x12?
Looked on the site and there seems to be only those available.
Hi , it s a new product that Mick has just released ,
Class D amp , Bluetooth.... ask him for all characteristics

@fafakiwi I understand you live in France: how much did you pay for shipping and customs (TVA I think you call it in France, isn't it?) I live in Spain and not completely happy with my matrix FR12...

Thanks!!

Hi , i ve paid customs fee ...only but as you wrote , the TVA here in France , 20% .....huge but if it s in your budget you ll be happy for sure ,
unbelievable sound.....i think this each time i switch them on !!!!!!
if you de like other infos , no problem ....
Fafa

No one has ever said anything negative about Mic and his work.....an almost unheard-of event in the Interwebs.......as an owner of of 2 of his early 12" active wedges, and currently jonesing for one of these new fangled Mbritt open backs, I can understand!

No one has ever said anything negative about Mic and his work.....an almost unheard-of event in the Interwebs.......as an owner of of 2 of his early 12" active wedges, and currently jonesing for one of these new fangled Mbritt open backs, I can understand!

Our addiction to gear we don't need is very similar my friend :)

I've been gassing for the Mbritt box too; to complete the Kemper rig, that I really don't play that much lol

Our addiction to gear we don't need is very similar my friend :)

I've been gassing for the Mbritt box too; to complete the Kemper rig, that I really don't play that much lol
And the moment I am reading this, my other tab is on the Fryette store page where I am hovering over the Power
station 2 button...hoping that Cliff will release his load box....or James Santiago, his just -announced UAD contender to the budding genre....before I lose control yet again...to buy a unit to attenuate an amp head I haven't yet acquired.........

The Eminence Beta 12CX only extends to 4.6 kHz with a 5 dB spike around 2 kHz and is considered a mid-bass or midrange driver. XiTone gives little data on the performance of their monitors as a whole system. On paper, I don't think it would fill the FRFR bill for me. But they are substantially cheaper than the Atomic CLR. I'd need a side-by-side comparison to determine if the cost savings was worth it.

The Eminence Beta 12CX only extends to 4.6 kHz with a 5 dB spike around 2 kHz and is considered a mid-bass or midrange driver. XiTone gives little data on the performance of their monitors as a whole system. On paper, I don't think it would fill the FRFR bill for me. But they are substantially cheaper than the Atomic CLR. I'd need a side-by-side comparison to determine if the cost savings was worth it.

As I understand it, the 12CX is coaxial, and supports a tweeter. One of the question I have about the XiTone cabs is whether or not Mick puts in the tweeter.

That being said, I've never heard anyone on this forum say the sound from a XiTone cabinet is anything short of ideal for the AxeFX.

This is certainly good to hear! Everyone says they are deciding between Atomic CLR and "x," but I don't know how anyone actually intends to get an Atomic CLR. I've been on the wait list for months now, and not a peep from them regarding when they will be available. I emailed the owner directly many weeks ago, and still not a word. This thread has sealed the deal for me. I'm no longer going to wait for a CLR to become available for comparison.

Thanks for the review, Fafa!

I've been using a pair of XiTones for about 2 years now. Ended my quest for proper speakers! Plenty of power, lightweight, and great sound!

I need to follow up with Mick again. We had chatted about possibly building a cab tuned specifically for bass guitar.

Hey steadystate... true, the 12CX on it's own tops out around 4.6k but that does not factor in the tweeter that is screwed into the back of the 12CX, which brings the response of the tandem of the 12CX and the ASD1001 to 20k, thus making the paring FRFR indeed. :)

As I understand it, the 12CX is coaxial, and supports a tweeter. One of the question I have about the XiTone cabs is whether or not Mick puts in the tweeter.

That being said, I've never heard anyone on this forum say the sound from a XiTone cabinet is anything short of ideal for the AxeFX.

There is definitely a tweeter in the mix... if a tweeter weren't there you'd end up with a ported cab where the port is a 1" hole in the middle of the 12" driver... not optimum at all. :)

A buddy of mine ordered Two Xitone active 1x12 wedges on my recommendation in early June. With the new amp in them but I haven't heard a peep out of him since to ask how they sound. Im guessing he is lost in the IR rabbit hole and hasn't come up for air yet LOL.

Back
Top Bottom