The Black Custom Day - black mods on my Fenders

Just finished up some customization of my Fenders.

The American Special Telecaster have been retrofitted with an Evertune T bridge (thanks to a dude in Gävle, Sweden), a custom pick guard (got a few more I can change to depending on my mood), Fender locking tuners, a roasted maple neck and all hardware has also been swapped for black ones.

Tele_before_1.JPG

Tele_after1.JPG
Tele_after2.JPG

Tele_after3.JPG

The American Special Strat had the Evertune bridge upon acquisition from the Evertune shop, but now also features a fully black pick guard with no white edge, Fender locking tuners, black pickup covers and black knobs.

Strat_before_1.JPG

Strat_after1.JPG

Finally, the Jazz bass has also been under the black treatment and now got a fully black pick guard with no white edge, black control plate and same type of black knobs as the Strat.

Jazz_before1.JPG

jazz_after1.JPG

jazz_after3.JPG

I just love how these turned out!

I seriously can't live without Evertune. Especially when you live in a old 19th century house like I do and also in mid-Sweden where temperature can differ 50° C between winter and summer. And on the playing side it's so convenient when inspirations strikes to just grab the guitars and play.
The Telecaster became my sixth Evertune equipped guitar.

is that evertune on the tele a topmount or do you need to carve out some wood?
No, carving is needed. There’s a space for springs and stuff. That’s for any Evertune-guitar. But I don’t mind that as I don’t really believe in “tonewood”; in this particular case my Tele still sounds like my Tele before the Evertune installation. And it sounds really good 🤓

Back
Top Bottom