The Best Blues Lead Ever!

blue2you

Hi there!
Two new blues clips are now available on my web site: The "TGV Blues" and the "Ultra Mojo" used the Trainwreck simulation to achieve the best blues tones ever heard!
http://www.spiraless.com/blue2you/music/files/page5_11.mp3
http://www.spiraless.com/blue2you/music/files/page5_12.mp3
The settings for "TGV Blues":
1. Recall the preset 237.Traincrash
2. Press "Edit"
3. Amp 1 Page 1: Drive 7.60, Bass 4.72, Mid 5.55, Treb 6.42
4. Amp 1 Page 2: Pres 0.00, Depth 5.00, Damp 8.15, Sag 2.01, Mstr Vol 6.85, Level -9.25
5. Cabinet 1: Cab L 4x12 25W, Mic L none, Cab R 4x12 20W, Mic R121 Cond, Link off.
6. Graphic Equaliser bypassed: do not leave shunt on this place!
7. Delay: Type Stereo, Ingain 100%; time 390 ms, ratio 100%, spread 100%, feedback L+R 10,2%, temp none etc. Mix 15%
8. Reverb: Type MD Room, Mix 15%.

Enjoy it!
PS: TGV means High Speed Train in french!

whirlwind123 said:
When talking about the GEQ you say bypass it but dont replace it with a shunt. Surly the two would sound the same?
Well, in my ears, the bypassed effect will colour the sound like a real non true bypass pedal, which is a very cool option, try it for your self! ;)

blue2you said:
whirlwind123 said:
When talking about the GEQ you say bypass it but dont replace it with a shunt. Surly the two would sound the same?
Well, in my ears, the bypassed effect will colour the sound like a real non true bypass pedal, which is a very cool option, try it for your self! ;)

It doesn't work that way :? Bypass or shunt should sound exactly the same if bypass mode is set to thru.
There would have to be something else going on there gain-wise. If it wasn't the same, it would mean something was broken.

Fantastic sounds, love the playing.

I just ran some tests with a guitar, then a couple of test tones and looked thru a spectral analyzer. I could nether hear nor see a significant difference. :?:

Did I mention I really like those tomes :D

Maybe I'm wrong...but I hear the difference between the shunt and the bypass mode... :mrgreen:
Maybe it's my guitar or my sound card or something else, I don't know...
I'll make the tests and I'll let you know! ;)
Thank you! :cool:

blue2you said:
Maybe I'm wrong...but I hear the difference between the shunt and the bypass mode... :mrgreen:
Maybe it's my guitar or my sound card or something else, I don't know...
I'll make the tests and I'll let you know! ;)
Thank you! :cool:

It's psychological... ;)

blue2you said:
Maybe I'm wrong...but I hear the difference between the shunt and the bypass mode...
If "Bypass Mode" is set to "Thru," there is no difference whatever. None of the blocks in the Axe-Fx will have any effect on the signal when bypassed in "Thru" mode.

Jay Mitchell said:
If "Bypass Mode" is set to "Thru," there is no difference whatever. None of the blocks in the Axe-Fx will have any effect on the signal when bypassed in "Thru" mode.
Ok! Thank you!

blue2you said:
Hi there!
Two new blues clips are now available on my web site: The "TGV Blues" and the "Ultra Mojo" used the Trainwreck simulation to achieve the best blues tones ever heard!
http://www.spiraless.com/blue2you/music/files/page5_11.mp3
http://www.spiraless.com/blue2you/music/files/page5_12.mp3
The settings for "TGV Blues":
1. Recall the preset 237.Traincrash
2. Press "Edit"
3. Amp 1 Page 1: Drive 7.60, Bass 4.72, Mid 5.55, Treb 6.42
4. Amp 1 Page 2: Pres 0.00, Depth 5.00, Damp 8.15, Sag 2.01, Mstr Vol 6.85, Level -9.25
5. Cabinet 1: Cab L 4x12 25W, Mic L none, Cab R 4x12 20W, Mic R121 Cond, Link off.
6. Graphic Equaliser bypassed: do not leave shunt on this place!
7. Delay: Type Stereo, Ingain 100%; time 390 ms, ratio 100%, spread 100%, feedback L+R 10,2%, temp none etc. Mix 15%
8. Reverb: Type MD Room, Mix 15%.

Enjoy it!
PS: TGV means High Speed Train in french!

Very cool!

So..... when are you going to learn how to upload a patch to Axechange.net ???
It only takes 2 clicks, dump preset into editor... then upload the Axechange....
faster the writting down all the settings.

:D

AndrewSimon said:
Very cool!
So..... when are you going to learn how to upload a patch to Axechange.net ???
It only takes 2 clicks, dump preset into editor... then upload the Axechange....
faster the writting down all the settings. :D
Soon, very soon! ;) :cool:

excellent sound, I agree ! but just one thing, it sounds "stereo", with emphasis on one side, did you panned the cabs, or something like that ? Although I plan on playing in stereo, I want to keep the main amp sound mono, and use the stereo for effects (delay, reverb etc.), does it sound the same with the amp in mono, or is there something like phase issues ?

fremen said:
excellent sound, I agree ! but just one thing, it sounds "stereo", with emphasis on one side, did you panned the cabs, or something like that ? Although I plan on playing in stereo, I want to keep the main amp sound mono, and use the stereo for effects (delay, reverb etc.), does it sound the same with the amp in mono, or is there something like phase issues ?
I used just a touch of delay sampler on Logic 8 Pro to "open" the guitar sound in the space!
I don't use an enhancer, phaser etc.! ;) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom