The 300th amp model?!

Technically, it’s 299 amp model channels.

Some are multiple channels but from one amp (Vh4, JS410, Bogner Ecstasy, CAE, Triaxis, etc.).

But truly, this is really a distinction without a difference — still over 200 amps and 299 different amp channel models! It’s incredible.

For a price less than the cost of a single boutique amp, you get a warehouse of amp sounds at your disposable.

Amazes me to this day.

What a product, what a company!
Some people ask "why do we need this many amp models". It not about using 300 amp models. It's about having enough models to find the ones that jive with you. I love the Marshall type amps for my heavier sounds, but I don't necessarily like the Plexis, 1987s, and JVMs. But I can try all the other flavors such as the Friedmans, Atomicas, and Camerons until I find the right one. Maybe you can tweak a Plexi by changing some of the deeper parameters and adding drive blocks in front to get the sound you want. But why do all that when you can just cycle through until you find a good starting point and then go from there. Makes it so much easier to find the right sound.

Threads like this reinforce my personal opinion that, GAS for amps from guitar players is created almost entirely from looks/aesthetics and not really the actual sound of the amp.

The only real choice! We got the speaker, but what about the amp itself?

7-100-Legendary.png

Joke apart, i think that the real Marshall jubilee and the Mesa boogie badlander are the 2 that I really matter to see in the unit
Hey Mud ,

Check this Badlander vid you might be surprised it's pretty close to the 800 , I would say taking a Recto / Orange /Red modern channel
CRUSH =Red. CRUNCH = Orange
change tone stack to Jcm800 , turning on the input boost. 808 , with the el 34s. and tweak the amp input low cut and you could get it 99%

Hey Mud ,

Check this Badlander vid you might be surprised it's pretty close to the 800 , I would say taking a Recto / Orange /Red modern channel
CRUSH =Red. CRUNCH = Orange
change tone stack to Jcm800 , turning on the input boost. 808 , with the el 34s. and tweak the amp input low cut and you could get it 99%

Hi !
The Marshall’s don’t have the specific « hmpff » of the recto when you palm mute.
Probably you can have something close doing what you said, but having the model is easier 😅

with this philosophy, why the unit don’t have 4 amps only if it’s just a matter of extra tweaks in these base ? They are 20+ fenders this and that … sometimes just an extra detail matters. And if cliff model the badlander I’m sure it won’t sound like another boogie in the unit

Then it’s just a little wish, I can live with the unit as it is already .

You know I’ve test the Klone 5 minutes and to me it’s sound like whatever od and people where on their knees for that ! 😅

Same for the jub. This amp deserve a proper sim, this is a real Marshall classic, and the Marshall in the unit are super cool, so if he does it … it will kick ass!

Last edited:
Since no one else has mentioned them, I'll suggest a Mojave Scorpion or Peacemaker.

mojave-scorpion-front.jpg

Victor made some mighty good amps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom