The 300th amp model?!

Tbf against Marshall - i had a couple of Marshalls

- JMP from 1977 for 2 years (late 90’s) -
no problems. (scratchy pot as usual)
- JCM 800 from 1986 for 3 years (1990-1993) - no problems. (scratchy pot as usual)

Most of my friends had Marshalls. Bad pots was a known issue. But spray, and you’re back.
This is for M amps made before 1993.

Never had a breakdown on any amp since 1987.
Had 2 sets of tubes/valves break at home, but one was wrong output/ohm from amp. The other idk. Bad tubes, i guess.
Neither was a Marshall.

Maybe i’m lucky, but i really take care of my gear, and i usually don’t buy really old stuff.

I have not owned any Marshalls since late 90’s.
Got a Cornell Plexi 45/50 that sounds like a JTM45/50 and a Plexi 50.

And the Axe has so many killer M inside.

Same. Glad you posted. :)

No no no.
Where is the sound of a great Tuberadio? First Amp at least in Europe for a lot of players in the 50‘s and 60‘s. Respect to the pioneers!

Americans who started out in the eighties more than likely had a small Peavey combo, such as the Backstage. Combine that with a BOSS Heavy Metal pedal and you’re rockin’, dude! 🤘

In the early days I went Metal Zone → Digitech GSP7 for very light Chorus for a kind of ...And Justice For All Effect → Marshall Valestate combo. Then I went SansAmp PSA1 → BBE Sonic Maximizer → Samson solid state power amp → old, beat up Sunn 4x12 (that I bought for $50 from my buddy's older brother) that I loaded with Carvin British series on the bottom and Greenbacks at the top. Had I just not piecemealed all that shit over time I could have saved for a single 5150 and been happy.

Don't feel bad, my first amp was a Crate combo. I never understood why my guitar friends hated it back then. Of course, I do now.
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? I cut my teeth on Crate amps when it was all I could afford. Now I'm rocking dual CLRs and a MkII Turbo. Now get me on a road trip and I'm bringing my 30 year old Crate GX-15R instead. Can we get that one modeled? 🤣

300th..tough one to pick if you wanna mark it as a special milestone. Ought to be a darn good single channel amp (Omega Granophyre etc.) or a standout channel on a multi-channel amp (blue channel on the EVH Stealth 50?)..I'm a high-gain fanboy - disclaimer

Back
Top Bottom