Thank you!

oranheim

Dear FAS and all!

I was an active guitarist till 1995 (11 years playin').. In those days I owned tons of equipment. All kinds of boxes and amps: Boss *, Alesis, TC Electronics, ..., JTM45, JCM800, Fender Twin + Super 60 and much much more. My life used to be pro playing and one focus: music and bands. I really loved it. Lack of income brought me out of music business and turned me into IT (my second interest).

About 2 months ago I bought and received my Axe FX II XL from G66 (btw, a really awesome company). I've been following this forum for months and I claim to have watched mostly any YouTube demos from Rocco, Cooper, Mark et al. They all convinced me that Axe FX was the right choice.

After weeks of listening and reading, I figured Kemper was the upcoming. I went to my nearest store and checked it out. It was amazing from my perspective. Reading a lot of (FUD) through Kemper forum about the Axe, the Axe didn't seem right. However, after more listening and following the forum I figured: the Kemper forum is really a religious gang. I couldn't find any critical threads about Kemper. On contrary, the Fractal forum was different. People had ideas, criticism, wishes and more. This was my turnkey for choosing Axe FX II XL. Today, I'm sooooo happy that I choosed the Axe! Wow wow wow! It is magnificent.

I also learned how different the Axe approach is in contrary to Kemper & Line6 engineering. The Axe is a 100% bottom up solution. FAS even let us dial in on tube parameters (cathode/triode), as an example. Not that I ever tweak those params, but still, they expose the variables.

As a techie head (in open source software) I also identified something very different. I'm not sure how many of you guys who will follow me when I speak about Open Source (I can elaborate on this topic later), but it's certain that Axe-heads share stuff with each others. Whereas in the the Kemper campus you gotta pay, if you expect something. This is important. You buy some expensive stuff (Axe), but you get a lot back. In the Axe community, people share. In the Kemper Campus they gotta buy any add-ons.

It also hit me. "Why do I wanna use a sound captured amp by somebody using different pups and woods". It can never sound the same if you use different equipment, than the originator. This is where Axe is truly different. We in the FAS community can tweak any guitar sound, irrespective of what amp/cab we choose.

After weeks of deep digging the Axe I've started to touch base the top of the power found in Axe. Recently Carter Cooper presented Axe on Creative Live (go an buy the class folks). The Axe II is enormously powerful. I'm a software guy so _I know_ what it takes make something like the Axe. I'm out of words to be mild, to what the Axe _do_ deliver.

I love my XL. I would not give it up for anything. I will never buy a real amp anymore (I won't sell those I own either). And I will never buy stuff like the Kemper (a sound capturing device) ever.

My old interest with playing music is now vivid and alive, thanks to FAS. In a short time, I hope to band up with someone.

Man I love Cliff Chase and his team for bringing me the FAS Axe !! It's beyond any words and you guys in the forum really kick ass!! My life as a guitarist is not the same anymore.

I love my amazing Axe.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Ove
Oslo / Norway

Last edited:
Nice post Ove - welcome to the world
thumbsup.gif

Grattis. Mye morro med denne boksen :)

Hvilke band/folk og type musikk svingte du med på 80/90-tallet?

Spilte meste heavy rock, blues og r&b. Mest på bondefæst og grendehus. De fleste bandene ble ikke veldig kjent :) Men morro var det.

Back
Top Bottom