Temple Audio Trio 28?

JerEvil

Inspired
is this the right size for an AX8, 2 expression pedals and a Line6 G50?

Does it bow in the middle? Doesn't appre to have a center cross beam. Also, what is the preferred attachment mechanism? I am generally a Dual Lock kind of guy.

is this the right size for an AX8, 2 expression pedals and a Line6 G50?

Does it bow in the middle? Doesn't appre to have a center cross beam. Also, what is the preferred attachment mechanism? I am generally a Dual Lock kind of guy.
I have it. It does have a cross beam underneath, and it does not bow at all. I love it. I have 2 Expression pedals, and two G 50's on mine. Its perfect for that.

Last edited:
I have a Duo 24 and it is too small for 2 expression pedals. I am using 2 Dunlop Mini exp pedals and it is too tight. I plan to keep one mini on my Duo 24 and use my Mission SP-1 for Wah on the floor. Takes 2 seconds to plug in.

No issues at all on the bowing. These are very well made boards.

I have a red Trio 28 with AX8, 1 exp pedal, EBVPJR, G10, and Polytune Black on it. It all fits well. Get lots of compliments on it (cause, lets face it, AX8s are cool!) but I like it mainly cause *I* like it. It just works the way I need it to and becomes transparent to me when I play.

There is a single cross beam underneath center that goes front to back under the board. I'm sure it helps with stability; It also is really handy to tuck cables and power supply. I do experience some board flex at my pedals, they are both on the right hand side of the board and away from the center strut. I mostly have noticed it on carpet though, haven't paid as much attention on stage, so it's not bad. As far as securing things, I really have been happy with Temple's quick release pedal plates. They hold everything very securely, and it's easy to attach and remove things from the board when needed, I would totally recommend them. That, and some cable ties to secure wires, and you're good to go.

Get the carry case, assuming your going to be moving it. Absolutely get the mains power cord if you have multiple powered items- one switch on the side now turns on the whole board, and there's only one wire to plug into the outlet. Also, I used some of temple's hardware to mod the board a bit. I did twin XLR outs on the side running to the AX8- now, if someone trips over my XLR and snaps a connector, it's not the one built into the AX8 but the one on the board- a much cheaper DIY replacement. I also had a 1/4 in input on the other side for a guitar input, but I recently removed it. With the G10, it's redundant. And if G10 fails I can plug a cord direct into the VPJR, so that jack was just added complication and was probably not something I'd do again for my setup.

One of these days I'll actually remember to post a pic!

I have a red Trio 28 with AX8, 1 exp pedal, EBVPJR, G10, and Polytune Black on it. It all fits well. Get lots of compliments on it (cause, lets face it, AX8s are cool!) but I like it mainly cause *I* like it. It just works the way I need it to and becomes transparent to me when I play.

There is a single cross beam underneath center that goes front to back under the board. I'm sure it helps with stability; It also is really handy to tuck cables and power supply. I do experience some board flex at my pedals, they are both on the right hand side of the board and away from the center strut. I mostly have noticed it on carpet though, haven't paid as much attention on stage, so it's not bad. As far as securing things, I really have been happy with Temple's quick release pedal plates. They hold everything very securely, and it's easy to attach and remove things from the board when needed, I would totally recommend them. That, and some cable ties to secure wires, and you're good to go.

Get the carry case, assuming your going to be moving it. Absolutely get the mains power cord if you have multiple powered items- one switch on the side now turns on the whole board, and there's only one wire to plug into the outlet. Also, I used some of temple's hardware to mod the board a bit. I did twin XLR outs on the side running to the AX8- now, if someone trips over my XLR and snaps a connector, it's not the one built into the AX8 but the one on the board- a much cheaper DIY replacement. I also had a 1/4 in input on the other side for a guitar input, but I recently removed it. With the G10, it's redundant. And if G10 fails I can plug a cord direct into the VPJR, so that jack was just added complication and was probably not something I'd do again for my setup.

One of these days I'll actually remember to post a pic!
I thought about the XLR add on. I have NEVER soldered before so that worries me a little. There are built in "pop outs" to allow for those, correct?

I thought about the XLR add on. I have NEVER soldered before so that worries me a little. There are built in "pop outs" to allow for those, correct?
Yes. And instead of getting the ones they sell at Temple Audio, search for Neutrik XLR adapters and you'll find them male / female, and the holes line up perfectly for them to mount to the side of the board.

I have a Trio 28 that works perfectly - no bowing at all and my board is 'well stocked', as you can see below. I recommend it!

15032800_1173202609425531_9092390843546182193_n_zpsstfmabnv.jpg

I have a Trio 28 that works perfectly - no bowing at all and my board is 'well stocked', as you can see below. I recommend it!

15032800_1173202609425531_9092390843546182193_n_zpsstfmabnv.jpg
What kind of clock is that? Ive been looking fr one that size with light up numbers...and is that a kick switch on it?? Do tell please....

This was my first experience soldering for real as well. Youtube was my friend... I'm glad I did it though, learning is good. That said, if you don't want to do it, then it's totally normal to run straight from the back of the AX8. That's how most folks do it.

The mains/power switch cord requires no soldering. Only a couple screws to stick it down. Just fyi :)

Ah crap! NOW you tell me!! :)

Seriously though, that would have been cool. Just have to be careful figuring out how to run the connector through the holes in the board. I think I had to run the cable before soldering because I couldn't fit the connectors without cutting the board to make the holes larger. Maybe someone else sees a better way though.

Last edited:
Ah crap! NOW you tell me!! :)

Seriously though, that would have been cool. Just have to be careful figuring out how to run the connector through the holes in the board. I think I had to run the cable before soldering because I couldn't fit the connectors without cutting the board to make the holes larger. Maybe someone else sees a better way though.
Ha! Yea, I had to unscrew the ends of the XLR's and fish them through the larger holes, then reattached the ends once through.

You, my good Sir, are a gentleman!

Now... I have an offer on the table on Reverb for a Trio 28 but it is an older model with no middle support. Should I grab it anyway?
Yes, if its a good deal. You can get the middle support from Temple Audio sold separately. Make sure your offer is a good deal though....TA charges about $14 for shipping to US regardless of how much you order. So the cost of shipping + the middle support hopefully will be less than purchasing a new one outright that comes with the support.

Yes, if its a good deal. You can get the middle support from Temple Audio sold separately. Make sure your offer is a good deal though....TA charges about $14 for shipping to US regardless of how much you order. So the cost of shipping + the middle support hopefully will be less than purchasing a new one outright that comes with the support.
$110 new? Is that a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom